Never too early....Who wins Class AA 2022-23

mas1821

27 minutes ago, MidTennBballObserver said:

What I love about all the teams you mentioned like Summertown, Moore County, Gibson is they play tough schedules that get them prepared for late season runs.  They aren’t concerned with records throughout the year but rather focused on that one goal in the end.  The coaching is great within this classification as well, really remarkable what they do with the talent they have.

And these teams are there year end and year out and they are  developing these girls. They do a great job of making soup with what they have. I don’t know as much about Moore County as I do Gibson County, Loretto and Summertown but I do know they put a lot of emphasis on their feeder programs and keep them involved a lot during the year and summers. They do a good job of reloading and developing talent at a young age. Westview is in this mix as well with the same situation. Amazing what these programs have accomplished the last several years. Very well coached.

1 hour ago, MidTennBballObserver said:

What I love about all the teams you mentioned like Summertown, Moore County, Gibson is they play tough schedules that get them prepared for late season runs.  They aren’t concerned with records throughout the year but rather focused on that one goal in the end.  The coaching is great within this classification as well, really remarkable what they do with the talent they have.

I couldn't have said it better—especially for the smaller schools. It pays dividends at tournament time.

Regarding records, Coach Don Devoe said it best: the goal is for a team to finish .500 or better.

24 minutes ago, Americal198 said:

I couldn't have said it better—especially for the smaller schools. It pays dividends at tournament time.

Regarding records, Coach Don Devoe said it best: the goal is for a team to finish .500 or better.

Fans want to see good games and get their money’s worth as well. 

2 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Fans want to see good games and get their money’s worth as well. 

And with some of the higher classification schools they do not.  These teams going to play Alabama tournaments during Christmas show they want wins versus experience.  The AA and A ball teams always seem to play quality teams and games yearly.

59 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

Westview @ McKenzie tonight. Probably the best 1a and 2a teams in the state facing off in what may be the best early season game of the season. Got to go with the Rebels in a battle between to superb teams.

Should be a good game.  I'll take Westview by 4-8

1 hour ago, Croppygenius said:

Westview @ McKenzie tonight. Probably the best 1a and 2a teams in the state facing off in what may be the best early season game of the season. Got to go with the Rebels in a battle between to superb teams.

23 minutes ago, maddams said:

Should be a good game.  I'll take Westview by 4-8

I was at the game last year at Westview and their defense and ball handling and shooting took McKenzie out of their game. I like Westview in a close one 4-8 as well. But it wouldn’t suprise me if McKenzie won at home. Both are great teams and well coached. 

Good early season game between the two best in their respective classifications. My take...both have dynamic players and are still solid programs. McKenzie made a good push in the 3rd quarter, but WV just took care of business and stretched it out at the end. Mckenzie rushed a couple of shots late in the game, but it's easy to see why both are at the top of their classifications.