Never too early....Who wins Class AA 2022-23

mas1821

28 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

Great game. McKenzie losing Davis in the 1st half for sure hurt, she is in my opinion the best player on the floor among a bunch of outstanding players. Think Westviews zone made McKenzie play slower than they wanted to. 

I don't think we watched the same game. Mckenzie made their run in the 3rd and with that being said, she is a great player, but to the neutral observer...she was not the best player on that court tonight. No disrespect to her, because I think she's the best in single A. Hope she makes a quick and full recovery too. She's fun to watch. 

1 hour ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

I don't think we watched the same game. Mckenzie made their run in the 3rd and with that being said, she is a great player, but to the neutral observer...she was not the best player on that court tonight. No disrespect to her, because I think she's the best in single A. Hope she makes a quick and full recovery too. She's fun to watch. 

I agree. Not the best player on the court tonight. Good player but not the best out there

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sportslover88 said:

I agree. Not the best player on the court tonight. Good player but not the best out there

She almost played one quarter tonight and sat the other 3. She was 2/2 from the field when she went down and impacted a lot of areas. You must not know who she is. If she plays the whole game there is a different outcome. Hats off to Mckenzie's other players because you're right, they made a heck of a run when they could've laid down and came out swinging. They've got 4-5 kids that can make big plays and that showed tonight. Kylie was tough second half ! They'll develop a little more depth going forward and that will help them still yet come tournament time. 

11 minutes ago, thebenchwarmer said:

She almost played one quarter tonight and sat the other 3. She was 2/2 from the field when she went down and impacted a lot of areas. You must not know who she is. If she plays the whole game there is a different outcome. Hats off to Mckenzie's other players because you're right, they made a heck of a run when they could've laid down and came out swinging. They've got 4-5 kids that can make big plays and that showed tonight. Kylie was tough second half ! They'll develop a little more depth going forward and that will help them still yet come tournament time. 

Really kinda hard for either fan base to make a comment about her because she missed 75% of the game. She didn’t play. 

36 minutes ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

TCA over Gibson County in double OT.

Both teams with a lot of talent and will improve. Gibson County will be better at year end. 3 new faces in the rotation that play a bunch and are going to be great players. We will have some growing pains along the way with a tough schedule. I feel good about this team. Probably toughest schedule in the state. We got Henry County, Crockett County, South Gibson and McKenzie coming up. Dresden got cancelled. Hats off to TCA for a great comeback and battling adversity. Vailes got her head gashed open and had to leave game and then came back. Was an ESPN Classic type game. Hats off to TCA for grinding it out. Both teams will be heavily in the mix late in the year. 

Edited by pioneer42
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, sportslover88 said:

9 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Really kinda hard for either fan base to make a comment about her because she missed 75% of the game. She didn’t play. 

I've seen all 3 (Harrison, Davis, and Sims) over the last year, the summer (& last summer), and this "way too early" basketball season and I feel pretty comfortable in my assessment. j/s

1 hour ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

I've seen all 3 (Harrison, Davis, and Sims) over the last year, the summer (& last summer), and this "way too early" basketball season and I feel pretty comfortable in my assessment. j/s

Westview has more talent than McKenzie, IMO. Davis is a shooting guard anyway right?? Both are super talented players. Kinda like comparing apples and oranges. Can’t really compare PPG IMO because Jada is an unselfish player and is an assist machine. Jada is a great player and will win Miss Basketball this year and should. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maddams said:

Davis, Sims and Harrison are all great players.  My opinion - Harrison is the most talented of the three but doesn't always play hard.  When Harrison decides to play, she is almost unstoppable. 

If I had to choose between the two I would take Jada. Simply because of her being a QB on the floor and her game management.