Never too early....Who wins Class AA 2022-23

mas1821

On 5/1/2022 at 11:50 AM, pioneer42 said:

I have been 3 trips to Kentucky Lake. We are catching anywhere from 8-12 crappie a day but it is all day and a couple of bass usually. Asian Carp are a big problem. No crappie either and no crappie fisherman. 

Went to play day and So Gidson was playing ( Summertown there of course ) - some of the graduated player where there and met up w coach Catie Emory and had a love fest - you can always tell what kind of coach you had by the way past players react to old coaches So Gibson got a good one 

4 hours ago, Jaychapman said:

Went to play day and So Gidson was playing ( Summertown there of course ) - some of the graduated player where there and met up w coach Catie Emory and had a love fest - you can always tell what kind of coach you had by the way past players react to old coaches So Gibson got a good one 

Catie is a really good coach. They play a lot like Gibson County. I love her style. They get after it. We will have our hands full with them this year. We did last year. How are y’all looking??

Edited by pioneer42

9 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Catie is a really good coach. They play a lot like Gibson County. I love her style. They get after it. We will have our hands full with them this year. We did last year. How are y’all looking??

Very disjointed without Burdette wouldn’t think she make that much difference but we going have to realize she not there to clean up our messes 

4 hours ago, dmm88 said:

Westview should be back at state. How does Gibson County look so far???? Gonna be a different look without Madison, but I think Micah will be able to carry the load offensively as long as the other players are hitting shots. 

Gibson County has about 5 players of the 8 that are talented but not a ton of HS experience including two Freshman that we are excited about. These players will have new roles and more expectations than in the past. Losing Madison is really tough and we will have to do the best we can. I do think our girls are talented and will be ready come Tournament time. Coach Wilkins will play tough competition and he will have them ready. I do think they will be really fun to watch. They are talented just need some HS reps. 

Edited by pioneer42

10 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Gibson County has about 5 players of the 8 that are talented but not a ton of HS experience including two Freshman that we are excited about. These players will have new roles and more expectations than in the past. Losing Madison is really tough and we will have to do the best we can. I do think our girls are talented and will be ready come Tournament time. Coach Wilkins will play tough competition and he will have them ready. I do think they will be really fun to watch. They are talented just need some HS reps. 

Saw where GC hired volleyball coach / maybe starting to upgrade other sports 

13 hours ago, GCPioneer said:

Gatlinburg Pittman...

Got 2 big time freshman transfers from Lakeway Christian... Maliyah Glasper and Nya Burns... add the return off Maddy Newman and they are as talented as anyone in AA. Westview is the favorite to repeat, but GP is going to be capable of beating them.

Is Coffman still at Lakeway??

Finally got to watch Loretto at the Lauderdale High School camps.   They played state champ Deshlar first an won a dog fight by 7 and played then had to play Lauderdale HS and lost by 10.  LCHS will be in the conversation when they play for state.  It was tied with about 3 minutes left and we ran out of gas.  It was their first game, but they are a very good team.  We get to play them in regular season, so we'll see how that goes.  The top 6 are solid and have the potential to get this team to state.  We need some bench development, but there's talent in the freshman class.  The 6 footer, Jesse Chance, is going to be a good one that will help us this year.