Never too early....Who wins Class AA 2022-23

mas1821

2 hours ago, gogold said:

Finally got to watch Loretto at the Lauderdale High School camps.   They played state champ Deshlar first an won a dog fight by 7 and played then had to play Lauderdale HS and lost by 10.  LCHS will be in the conversation when they play for state.  It was tied with about 3 minutes left and we ran out of gas.  It was their first game, but they are a very good team.  We get to play them in regular season, so we'll see how that goes.  The top 6 are solid and have the potential to get this team to state.  We need some bench development, but there's talent in the freshman class.  The 6 footer, Jesse Chance, is going to be a good one that will help us this year.

Loretto is always tough and for sure will be in the mix. Great program and well coached.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/11/2022 at 2:17 PM, logcabinman said:

Alcoa and GP are the picks from the East that I know about.  McMinn Central lost 7 seniors with a team that I thought should have been in Murfreesboro last year.  MC still has Molly Masingale that will help them win games, but Alcoa and GP will be tough substate for them.

It's hard to believe it's been 7 years since McMinn Central made it to the state tournament. I too thought last years' squad would easily make it to Murfreesboro with all the talent and experience on that team. Molly will have a lot of good young talent around her this year, and should be a pretty good team by sectional time. 

16 hours ago, blitzinbuc said:

It's hard to believe it's been 7 years since McMinn Central made it to the state tournament. I too thought last years' squad would easily make it to Murfreesboro with all the talent and experience on that team. Molly will have a lot of good young talent around her this year, and should be a pretty good team by sectional time. 

They will have a good team, but I think Alcoa returns about everyone and GP still has their studette.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2022 at 7:34 AM, logcabinman said:

They will have a good team, but I think Alcoa returns about everyone and GP still has their studette.

Don't forget that it was Molly and other sophomores and juniors on the team that won a Middle School State Championship. And there are sophomores and juniors on the team that were the second best Middle School team that same year.  
They may be a season away, but they'll be phenomenal in 2023-2024.

8 hours ago, blitzinbuc said:

Don't forget that it was Molly and other sophomores and juniors on the team that won a Middle School State Championship. And there are sophomores and juniors on the team that were the second best Middle School team that same year.  
They may be a season away, but they'll be phenomenal in 2023-2024.

I agree they will have a great bunch.  Alcoa, may be the favorite to win it all.  GP will be a tough one, but not out of the question, so it is possible they can sneak in this year.  I agree, I will place them in the top 5 for the 23-24 season.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...