Info for the 2022 TN Iron Man Tournament (4/22-4/23)

TNUSAWrestling

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, grumpyoldman said:

I'm surprised that more are not signed up for this event.  Especially the middle TN guys.  Mat time to get better...... and the iron man provides plenty of that.

Why would you be surprised that more from Middle TN are not registered?  Understand that these kids and their families have it all figured out, that is up until the point that they have to wrestle against someone good and get taken to the woodshed.  At that point everyone wants to know what happened to junior.  The days of kids going to technique camps and really learning solid fundamentals have long been replaced by kids attending competition camps or needing a break from wrestling.  One thing that I have learned about wrestling over the past 50+ years is that the harder you work the more successful you will be.  Wrestling is a 24/7 lifestyle for those individuals that wish to stand on top of the podium at the end of the season.

Edited by cbg

23 minutes ago, cbg said:

Why would you be surprised that more from Middle TN are not registered?  Understand that these kids and their families have it all figured out, that is up until the point that they have to wrestle against someone good and get taken to the woodshed.  At that point everyone wants to know what happened to junior.  The days of kids going to technique camps and really learning solid fundamentals have long been replaced by kids attending competition camps or needing a break from wrestling.  One thing that I have learned about wrestling over the past 50+ years is that the harder you work the more successful you will be.  Wrestling is a 24/7 lifestyle for those individuals that wish to stand on top of the podium at the end of the season.

and your implication is that in MidTn kids dont take wrestling seriously?

6 hours ago, Ummmno said:

What I am saying is that I see very few kids with great fundamentals because it takes drilling the maneuver 200 or 300 times per day to get it right.  It’s much more fun to just wrestle live so most of the kids go live when they should be drilling fundamentals

See all important updated details for this weekend's Tennessee Iron Man Freestyle/Greco/Folkstyle Tournament below, including satellite weigh-in locations/times and registrations links. 

Please note that registration ends 4/20 at 8pm CST.

18 hours ago, Ummmno said:

My point was: this is an outstanding opportunity for more mat time located on the middle Tennessee area.  I would like to see more introduced to freestyle/Greco.  Who knows, they may like it.  :)    Kudos to the Blackman and Summit programs for providing this opportunity and training.

On 4/20/2022 at 7:48 AM, grumpyoldman said:

My point was: this is an outstanding opportunity for more mat time located on the middle Tennessee area.  I would like to see more introduced to freestyle/Greco.  Who knows, they may like it.  :)    Kudos to the Blackman and Summit programs for providing this opportunity and training.

They are not the only programs in the Middle Tennessee area. You the Stars Wrestling Club and Middle Tennessee FRECO club also. I do agree I wish more kids would train Freestyle/Greco. I know Stars Wrestling is taking a decent group to Iron Man this weekend