Friday Predictions

731Ball

23 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

People don’t respect West TN basketball. A lot of these folks just are living in their own little fairy tale world. West Tennessee is big time in girls and boys basketball. 

There is no lack of respect. Fans in middle Tennessee, east Tennessee, and upper east Tennessee (where all those rough mountaineers from Roan Mountain and Hampton live) seldom get the opportunity to see teams from the west in person. And vice versa.

It would be interesting to see how many fans from the three DEPARTMENTS of Tennessee, west, middle and east, post on Coach T. 

My bet is the majority of posters are from the west or close to the west, say, from Lawrence County. 

Now, my recollection is that the west part of the state did well in the girls tournament. But I can't recall anyone from the east complaining about a lack of respect regarding the girls. What I do recall is a poster mentioning the girls teams from the east coming to the tournament and "laying an egg."

In the boys tournament, it was different. Winning is winning. Not a lack of respect.

GreenEville boys winning wasn't a surprise to me. I'm happy they won. Dobyns Bennett has not been to state since 1973. Them beating Bearden WAS a bit of a surprise. Congratulations to GreenEville and D-B. 

Edited by Americal198

38 minutes ago, Americal198 said:

There is no lack of respect. Fans in middle Tennessee, east Tennessee, and upper east Tennessee (where all those rough mountaineers from Roan Mountain and Hampton live) seldom get the opportunity to see teams from the west in person. And vice versa.

It would be interesting to see how many fans from the three DEPARTMENTS of Tennessee, west, middle and east, post on Coach T. 

My bet is the majority of posters are from the west or close to the west, say, from Lawrence County. 

Now, my recollection is that the west part of the state did well in the girls tournament. But I can't recall anyone from the east complaining about a lack of respect regarding the girls. What I do recall is a poster mentioning the girls teams from the east coming to the tournament and "laying an egg."

In the boys tournament, it was different. Winning is winning. Not a lack of respect.

GreenEville boys winning wasn't a surprise to me. I'm happy they won. Dobyns Bennett has not been to state since 1973. Them beating Bearden WAS a bit of a surprise. Congratulations to GreenEville and D-B. 

I respect every team and give every team respect. See people on here all the time talking bad about teams or dogging teams out. West had a rough day but they did well getting there. West has won its share of Gold Balls I will assure you in girls and boys over the years. East Nashville, Greenville and East Robertson obviously played well today. Don’t know who won the 4 A. 

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

I respect every team and give every team respect. See people on here all the time talking bad about teams or dogging teams out. West had a rough day but they did well getting there. West has won its share of Gold Balls I will assure you in girls and boys over the years. East Nashville, Greenville and East Robertson obviously played well today. Don’t know who won the 4 A. 

I meant no disrespect by any of my comments. West TN boys basketball was down as a whole this year. Not sure if there’s one senior who will get a D1 scholarship. The only reason they have 3 silver balls is because they were on the opposite side of the best teams as shown today. 

33 minutes ago, 731Ball said:

I meant no disrespect by any of my comments. West TN boys basketball was down as a whole this year. Not sure if there’s one senior who will get a D1 scholarship. The only reason they have 3 silver balls is because they were on the opposite side of the best teams as shown today. 

Honestly I don’t keep up with boys like I do girls, but I agree today the west was outmanned but the boys has won many Gold Balls on this side of the river. Just like the girls. I try to show respect to all teams and I make picks occasionally but the girls and guys read this board and I try to show respect to all statewide.

1 minute ago, pioneer42 said:

Honestly I don’t keep up with boys like I do girls, but I agree today the west was outmanned but the boys has won many Gold Balls on this side of the river. Just like the girls. I try to show respect to all teams and I make picks occasionally but the girls and guys read this board and I try to show respect to all statewide.

West TN girls were loaded this year for sure. One of the best years I can remember with Westview, McKenzie, GC, Gleason, McKenzie, TCA, and JSS all having contenders.