Friday Predictions

731Ball

10 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

I can talk it & take it when it’s my turn to uppercut lol. Can’t win them all they say lol 

It is a blessing to get there honestly. Just watching the NCAA Tournament the favorites lose a lot. Lots of pressure on the athletes and honestly there is only one team in each class out of what 89 schools that is 100% happy. You have to be content somewhat even when you are not the state champions. 

3 hours ago, 731Ball said:

Wonder if I’m still hating on West TN basketball. 3 silver balls coming back to West TN for no other reason besides bracket placement. One really good story came from it and that’s Milan. Hope we continue to build off this momentum.

Your losing #3 it will be another 80 years before you ever see Murfreesboro again! 

6 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

It is a blessing to get there honestly. Just watching the NCAA Tournament the favorites lose a lot. Lots of pressure on the athletes and honestly there is only one team in each class out of what 89 schools that is 100% happy. You have to be content somewhat even when you are not the state champions. 

Couldn’t ask for a better tournament! #1 & #2 in the state to settle it in the state championship for 2 years is nothing short of amazing! I am proud of South Side despite the disrespect we receive! 

1 minute ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Your losing #3 it will be another 80 years before you ever see Murfreesboro again! 

And JSS will continue to go and lose. Congrats. By the way Milan has had PLENTY of basketball talent. We finally have a football coach that supports basketball and we’re starting to keep players like #3. #3 almost went to west Carroll like Anglin. Keeping him and Anglin could’ve gotten us a gold ball instead of silver.

5 minutes ago, 731Ball said:

West TN girls were loaded this year for sure. One of the best years I can remember with Westview, McKenzie, GC, Gleason, McKenzie, TCA, and JSS all having contenders.

I do think statewide Tennessee is very serious about basketball. I tell kids all the time. If you play basketball this day and time and you don’t get to play you really can’t say you didn’t get to play or show what you got on the floor because with AAU and summer camps and JV play days there is just a lot of ball played. West TN was strong in girls and as a GC Fan we had a good year but very disappointing losing at state on a technical call. Very disappointing but you have put that frustration in the weight room and use it as fuel to motivate your kids. Lots of great basketball in Tennessee. I got to watch East Nashville and Greenville and they were really impressive. Dobbyns Bennett and East Robertson obviously good too but East Nashville and Greenville put on a show.

1 minute ago, 731Ball said:

And JSS will continue to go and lose. Congrats. By the way Milan has had PLENTY of basketball talent. We finally have a football coach that supports basketball and we’re starting to keep players like #3. #3 almost went to west Carroll like Anglin. Keeping him and Anglin could’ve gotten us a gold ball instead of silver.

Do you know where your football coach came from? If we had Gillispie & Rico we would never lose! Your point lol 

4 minutes ago, 731Ball said:

Get there & then talk to me buddy! 

Just now, HawkGuy06 said:

Do you know where your football coach came from? If we had Gillispie & Rico we would never lose! Your point lol 

If you think JSS made Carr you’re sadly mistaken. He’s from McKenzie. JSS was the worst program on his résumé.
gillespie isn’t from Jackson. Anglin IS from Milan. 

7 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I do think statewide Tennessee is very serious about basketball. I tell kids all the time. If you play basketball this day and time and you don’t get to play you really can’t say you didn’t get to play or show what you got on the floor because with AAU and summer camps and JV play days there is just a lot of ball played. West TN was strong in girls and as a GC Fan we had a good year but very disappointing losing at state on a technical call. Very disappointing but you have put that frustration in the weight room and use it as fuel to motivate your kids. Lots of great basketball in Tennessee. I got to watch East Nashville and Greenville and they were really impressive. Dobbyns Bennett and East Robertson obviously good too but East Nashville and Greenville put on a show.

We go as well to watch basketball all over Tennessee! We definitely watch great games all year!