East Vs Peabody

Mottomotto

3 hours ago, PeabodyPride said:

Well the great thing is your opinion nor mine matters a bit , I was quick to jump in bashing him as well until I found out he made more a move as a real man,Christian and leader than a guy worried about you or me talking crap, he in my opinion he changed some lives, maybe we are looking at the small picture and he is looking bigger ! No hate just being real ! 

Ive seen him play several times.Hes not a team player and has a terrible attitude.He hasn't changed.

8 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Please explain more then. I don’t see any good way this would reflect on a coach when a player quit on his team with a big news article and a coach letting him back on the team after they made state (didn’t help get them there).  

As a former high school coach, there would have been no way I would have let him back on the team.  The team and program is always bigger than a player

I agree.

52 minutes ago, Kevin38 said:

No disrespect but he is looking at winning a gold ball, I have no idea what the kid did but if it warrants him not playing, it shouldnt matter whether they win a gold ball or not, otherwise what lesson is learned...

Na bro…..he ain’t looking at winning a gold ball…..he just got the brakes beat off him. Not. Even. Close. Que the crickets from the Peabody faithful. 

6 minutes ago, Poundtherock23 said:

Na bro…..he ain’t looking at winning a gold ball…..he just got the brakes beat off him. Not. Even. Close. Que the crickets from the Peabody faithful. 

He decided to let a kid play in this game that did not deserve to, BECAUSE he wanted to win a gold ball, I never said he was going to win it, just that is why he let him play...lol

11 hours ago, Mottomotto said:

I remember teams said we wouldn’t get passed the Memphis teams and the West Tennessee teams after the Clay co loss. It’s been a great year and goodluck to all teams next year!

I would’ve like to have seen East get another shot at Clay County. That region championship loss to them was a crap show due to what I think is the worst officiating I have ever seen and it definitely affected the outcome that night. Happy for the Indians that they have the last laugh in the end, but beating Clay County for the gold ball would’ve made it a little sweeter. 

Watched ER all year and they were clicking on all cylinders last night. Defense, taking care of the ball, shot selection, and just flat out balling. That Peabody team was a team full of in/out transfers (who beat half the top teams in A and AA this year) while these boys from East have been playing together since being small kids. Truly great to see for a bunch of great kids and community. And to add I made a thread weeks ago about Taylor Groves getting robbed of not being a Mr. basketball Finalist and I’m glad he got the last laugh @tssaa.