Green Hill

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, ballfan said:

Careful what you wish for. They ran off a pretty good coach. Some people who know the situation may not want to deal with the problems there. Will be interesting to see who they end up with.

No no, I have no dog in the fight other then the Blankenship girl use to play here at BA.  I know a little about what has gone on and the fact the got rid of a really good coach. What’s surprising is some of the names that are floating around are definitely not what one would consider to be upgrades. Feel bad for the team because it looks like the administration are about to drop the ball big time with this hire.

1 hour ago, WaReAgLe3 said:

No no, I have no dog in the fight other then the Blankenship girl use to play here at BA.  I know a little about what has gone on and the fact the got rid of a really good coach. What’s surprising is some of the names that are floating around are definitely not what one would consider to be upgrades. Feel bad for the team because it looks like the administration are about to drop the ball big time with this hire.

I would agree. That's why I said careful what you wish for. What they had was pretty darn good. I figure they are going to end up regretting letting Abner walk away. I don't have high expectations with the new hire based on how administration handled this situation.

1 hour ago, ballfan said:

I would agree. That's why I said careful what you wish for. What they had was pretty darn good. I figure they are going to end up regretting letting Abner walk away. I don't have high expectations with the new hire based on how administration handled this situation.

sounds like administration around these parts and it just happens to go on everywhere 

From what I heard over the weekend, at an AAU event, they are planning on hiring one of two local middle school girls coaches. Supposedly the principal wants a female and has worked with both. Parents, once again, are not happy and I see this being a huge disaster. Shame for such a new school.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, WaReAgLe3 said:

Looks like they will be letting the team know tomorrow who their coach will be. Should be officially announced later on in the day. Congratulations to all involved.

Interesting. The real question is whether or not they consulted with the parents first to get their approval. If not, there could be trouble on the horizon.

On 3/23/2022 at 10:27 PM, ballfan said:

Careful what you wish for. They ran off a pretty good coach. Some people who know the situation may not want to deal with the problems there. Will be interesting to see who they end up with.

Abner is the most overrated coach ever. She’s made it to the state tourney 3 times in spite of winning nearly 500 games. A career in a weak single A district sure does help the resume 

On 3/24/2022 at 9:29 AM, ballfan said:

You must not have much knowledge of Abner and her ways. The problem was not the admin and there are several reasons she “resigned”

16 hours ago, ballfan said:

Interesting. The real question is whether or not they consulted with the parents first to get their approval. If not, there could be trouble on the horizon.

The parents aren’t the problem. That’s a popular rumor going around, but far from the truth. There was a formal investigation performed by the county regarding her actions and behavior. This is what led to her courtesy “resignation”.