2021/2022 Season Wrap for West TN

WestTNHoopsFan

I saw a great year of basketball in West TN. Some things I noticed

1. West TN loves basketball - Gyms were packed and support was at an all time high

2. We have some of the best coaches in the state

3. The overall talent is no where near the level it use to be AND THAT IS OKAY! Celebrate the success all these West TN teams and players have had this season. 

4. Officials as a whole were better this year than they were 3 years ago. They will never satisfy everyone but as a group they were better

5. The smaller districts and more classifications was a success because it created memories for more kids to play in Murfreesboro and they had  a blast up there. I DON'T WANT TO HEAR WATERED DOWN.  Celebrate the kids that made to state. Don't take away from that accomplishment.

6. Memphis missing an entire season because of the pandemic really hurt basketball in Memphis  

7. I fell in love with basketball all over again and even though I hated missing a year with the pandemic it helped me to appreciate it even more.

8. I can't wait until summer ball but until then WestTNHoopsFan out.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

I saw a great year of basketball in West TN. Some things I noticed

1. West TN loves basketball - Gyms were packed and support was at an all time high

2. We have some of the best coaches in the state

3. The overall talent is no where near the level it use to be AND THAT IS OKAY! Celebrate the success all these West TN teams and players have had this season. 

4. Officials as a whole were better this year than they were 3 years ago. They will never satisfy everyone but as a group they were better

5. The smaller districts and more classifications was a success because it created memories for more kids to play in Murfreesboro and they had  a blast up there. I DON'T WANT TO HEAR WATERED DOWN.  Celebrate the kids that made to state. Don't take away from that accomplishment.

6. Memphis missing an entire season because of the pandemic really hurt basketball in Memphis  

7. I fell in love with basketball all over again and even though I hated missing a year with the pandemic it helped me to appreciate it even more.

8. I can't wait until summer ball but until then WestTNHoopsFan out.

I totally agree with you. Watch out for Haywood next year.

• 3 weeks later...