Schools needing games

fredjones

4 hours ago, theawesomebro said:

that's correct but I still think there was supposed to be a home and away but maybe that will have to come another season.  the other 3 just wanted out.  it's all 2nd or 3rd hand info so take it for what it's worth.  i'm just trying to keep things interesting.  : )

I mean we're still pretty full on beating privates last year. Gotta slim down a little. Oakland learned the hard way that you better have a backup plan if you schedule Pulaski

3 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

I mean we're still pretty full on beating privates last year. Gotta slim down a little. Oakland learned the hard way that you better have a backup plan if you schedule Pulaski

that's funny but it could have gone the other way very easily...twice!

when did you play pulaski?  the LA game is still on their YT page.  it's funny to watch and listen to them reason how they are about to get back into it at any moment.  then finally admit they were out matched and try to think of the last running clock on them.

1 hour ago, theawesomebro said:

that's funny but it could have gone the other way very easily...twice!

when did you play pulaski?  the LA game is still on their YT page.  it's funny to watch and listen to them reason how they are about to get back into it at any moment.  then finally admit they were out matched and try to think of the last running clock on them.

It could have, but it didn't; sometimes the margin between victory and defeat is razor thin. Oakland had scheduled Pulaski but never got a chance to play them, cancelled before the season started, on pretty short notice. Never been a big fan of the way Pulaski plays, but obviously works for them

I joke about it but pretty soon the schedule for Oakland is going to look like a private school, nothing but out of state games and games against privates

Edited by MidTennFootball

7 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

It could have, but it didn't; sometimes the margin between victory and defeat is razor thin. Oakland had scheduled Pulaski but never got a chance to play them, cancelled before the season started, on pretty short notice. Never been a big fan of the way Pulaski plays, but obviously works for them

I joke about it but pretty soon the schedule for Oakland is going to look like a private school, nothing but out of state games and games against privates

If you require teams to pay a  cancellation fee between $15,000 and $25,000 if they cancel a game this nonsense will stop. If they refuse to sign you know that they are not serious about playing 

19 minutes ago, cbg said:

If you require teams to pay a  cancellation fee between $15,000 and $25,000 if they cancel a game this nonsense will stop. If they refuse to sign you know that they are not serious about playing 

Then your going to be playing alot of 6-7 game seasons because nobody on either side is going to agree to that, in this state. This isn't College or the NFL

14 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Then your going to be playing alot of 6-7 game seasons because nobody on either side is going to agree to that, in this state. This isn't College or the NFL

Why would you not agree to pay the cancelation fee if you are serious about playing the game?  As a principal I would have no problem signing the contract because I fully expect to play the game.  The bottom line is that a cancelation fee of between 15-25 thousand dollars completely eliminates the less than honest people or at the very least it holds them accountable.  Just think about the amount of revenue a team loses (gate receipts, concessions, parking, etc...) when someone has a home game canceled.  

14 minutes ago, cbg said:

Why would you not agree to pay the cancelation fee if you are serious about playing the game?  As a principal I would have no problem signing the contract because I fully expect to play the game.  The bottom line is that a cancelation fee of between 15-25 thousand dollars completely eliminates the less than honest people or at the very least it holds them accountable.  Just think about the amount of revenue a team loses (gate receipts, concessions, parking, etc...) when someone has a home game canceled.  

LA had 4 cancel the return to their place and 3 were out of state who had already traveled here!  makes no sense.  looking forward to oakland coming to nashville when they can work it in.  : )

8 hours ago, theawesomebro said:

LA had 4 cancel the return to their place and 3 were out of state who had already traveled here!  makes no sense.  looking forward to oakland coming to nashville when they can work it in.  : )

Only got room for one Nashville private at a time. Maybe next time you can call us during the offseason