Softball needs a pitch limit or innings limit

MCMAN99

On 4/16/2022 at 8:38 AM, ladymountaineersoftball said:

I am not really for a pitch count, but I do fear that this logic is flawed to some degree. The "natural motion" argument, although correct, doesn't account for "unnatural force" placed on the shoulder, elbow, etc. Coaches should pay more attention to pitch counts for kids and not overuse them. However, time off is also something that many softball pitchers do not get. In a calendar year a pitcher will go from high school (in Tennessee) preseason/practices/games to summer travel ball to fall travel ball all while still taking "lessons". Therein lies the problem.

Will totally agree with the year round problem. They need to play something else for a period of time.

On 4/23/2022 at 6:59 AM, ecu said:

Will totally agree with the year round problem. They need to play something else for a period of time.

Not disagreeing with you on that, but not every kid wants to play another sport. Believe time off is good for all pitchers (players for that matter), no matter if it is another sport or just taking a break to rest their arms and body. 

On 4/23/2022 at 5:59 AM, ecu said:

That does not matter. Most pitchers are still pitching during bball season coach.....just because they play another sport doesn't mean they are getting a break.....

• Like 1

On 3/25/2022 at 5:51 AM, Mrtarheel said:

The game at Eagleville last night is exactly the reason softball should have a pitch limit or innings limit like baseball.  Eagleville has a very strong left handed freshman pitcher and by the 3rd inning she was spent!  She was making a terrible face on every pitch and obviously in serious pain. Working and twisting her arm after every pitch.  The catcher even stopped to come talk once.  Their a**hole coach never once came out to talk to her or check on her  and I'll say the same for her a**hole parents.   That is a shame they treat her like that.  There is absolutely no way in this world she will make it to her senior year without surgery.  If she makes it at all.  Shame on you coaches.  TSSAA needs to do something to save the poor girl from coaches like that!

The dad is a complete idiot.

• 2 weeks later...