Hardaway Busted! East should vacate titles

UCSportsFan

As we all knew, Hardaway was illegally recruiting at Memphis East. NCAA is coming down hard on him and the University of Memphis for what he did as a high school coach. Wiseman wasn’t the only one that transferred illegally. T$$AA should take a page out of the NCAA’s playbook and at the very least vacate ALL titles won while Hardaway was on the bench. How many other kids dreams were dashed because of the underhanded dealings of this coaching staff?  All in the name of winning at all costs!  Chickens are coming home to roost now!  

14 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

As we all knew, Hardaway was illegally recruiting at Memphis East. NCAA is coming down hard on him and the University of Memphis for what he did as a high school coach. Wiseman wasn’t the only one that transferred illegally. T$$AA should take a page out of the NCAA’s playbook and at the very least vacate ALL titles won while Hardaway was on the bench. How many other kids dreams were dashed because of the underhanded dealings of this coaching staff?  All in the name of winning at all costs!  Chickens are coming home to roost now!  

If the crime actually lands in their lap they may look at it, may not. Hardaway was big in the AAU circuit and the Webb School girls coach was as well I hear and they both had and have players playing from their AAU connections. How would you like to be in the private school girls division now?? I would bet if it cost the TSSAA any money to look into it they won’t do nothing. Unless they violated a moving by law, House A to House B IMO nothing will happen. 

22 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

The only reason the NCAA is coming down hard on U of M is because Penny thought he could do what he wanted like he did at East. The NCAA has too much pride and power to be shown up on the way Penny tried. The TSSAA won't do anything and won't care because this is not their problem. 

Since you care so much about secondary sports in Memphis/Shelby County you should move here and run for office. You had nothing to say this year at all because you had no rumors to build your bias on. I bet you thanked God in your nightly prayers that no team from Memphis/Shelby County won a title this year. 

7 hours ago, warmachine7954 said:

The only reason the NCAA is coming down hard on U of M is because Penny thought he could do what he wanted like he did at East. The NCAA has too much pride and power to be shown up on the way Penny tried. The TSSAA won't do anything and won't care because this is not their problem. 

Since you care so much about secondary sports in Memphis/Shelby County you should move here and run for office. You had nothing to say this year at all because you had no rumors to build your bias on. I bet you thanked God in your nightly prayers that no team from Memphis/Shelby County won a title this year. 

So basically he cheated to win and you just sidestep the illegal part and say… well the only reason is etc… bottom line he CHEATED TO WIN! Last time I checked that was against the rules but I guess that’s irrelevant to you?  You mentioned the fact that I didn’t say anything this year, no rumors… there’s a reason for that. They all sat out last year so by the rules they could LEGALLY play for any team they wanted to. See how that works?  As for running for office, I’m afraid any county that voted for this moron of a president and idiotic VP we have wouldn’t like me too much. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

16 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

So basically he cheated to win and you just sidestep the illegal part and say… well the only reason is etc… bottom line he CHEATED TO WIN! Last time I checked that was against the rules but I guess that’s irrelevant to you?  You mentioned the fact that I didn’t say anything this year, no rumors… there’s a reason for that. They all sat out last year so by the rules they could LEGALLY play for any team they wanted to. See how that works?  As for running for office, I’m afraid any county that voted for this moron of a president and idiotic VP we have wouldn’t like me too much. 

You think he brough Wiseman to Memphis to win high school games? They had won previous years without him. They didn't need James Wiseman to win a state championship in Tennessee. Penny needed James Wiseman to bring in other recurits to U of Memphis. Get the #1 recruit in the country you'll get other good prospects. Penny could provide Wiseman with a high school schedule with that would give him huge exposure.

I don't agree with any of it. I think NCAA and NBA basketball is a money machine and we as a society have let high school sports, especially basketball, get pulled into that same thing. I hate it and I think it is destroying the game. The thing is the TSSAA knew what Penny was doing. Everyone did. They chose not to do anything about it until it made them look bad and then they had no strength to prevent it from happening. 

Edited by warmachine7954

11 hours ago, warmachine7954 said:

You think he brough Wiseman to Memphis to win high school games? They had won previous years without him. They didn't need James Wiseman to win a state championship in Tennessee. Penny needed James Wiseman to bring in other recurits to U of Memphis. Get the #1 recruit in the country you'll get other good prospects. Penny could provide Wiseman with a high school schedule with that would give him huge exposure.

I don't agree with any of it. I think NCAA and NBA basketball is a money machine and we as a society have let high school sports, especially basketball, get pulled into that same thing. I hate it and I think it is destroying the game. The thing is the TSSAA knew what Penny was doing. Everyone did. They chose not to do anything about it until it made them look bad and then they had no strength to prevent it from happening. 

Don’t disagree with you. But he did it illegally. That’s the problem

17 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

So basically he cheated to win and you just sidestep the illegal part and say… well the only reason is etc… bottom line he CHEATED TO WIN! Last time I checked that was against the rules but I guess that’s irrelevant to you?  You mentioned the fact that I didn’t say anything this year, no rumors… there’s a reason for that. They all sat out last year so by the rules they could LEGALLY play for any team they wanted to. See how that works?  As for running for office, I’m afraid any county that voted for this moron of a president and idiotic VP we have wouldn’t like me too much?

Why do we have to bring politics in a sports tread.

Edited by 802Tomcat
Typo
  • Like 2