Hardaway Busted! East should vacate titles

UCSportsFan

13 hours ago, warmachine7954 said:

You think he brough Wiseman to Memphis to win high school games? They had won previous years without him. They didn't need James Wiseman to win a state championship in Tennessee. Penny needed James Wiseman to bring in other recurits to U of Memphis. Get the #1 recruit in the country you'll get other good prospects. Penny could provide Wiseman with a high school schedule with that would give him huge exposure.

I don't agree with any of it. I think NCAA and NBA basketball is a money machine and we as a society have let high school sports, especially basketball, get pulled into that same thing. I hate it and I think it is destroying the game. The thing is the TSSAA knew what Penny was doing. Everyone did. They chose not to do anything about it until it made them look bad and then they had no strength to prevent it from happening. 

Holy Toledo Batman !!!!!!   

I have just found myself agreeing with The warmachine lol

On 3/29/2022 at 8:46 AM, Swipes said:

I would ask @warmachine7954 since he was the one that told him he needed to move to Shelby County and run for office.

I've said this to him before. He is really concerned about high school students and sports in Shelby County. What I didn't do was mention anything about the current political climate or make a judgment on anything political. What I mentioned was a local government thing. 

6 hours ago, warmachine7954 said:

I've said this to him before. He is really concerned about high school students and sports in Shelby County. What I didn't do was mention anything about the current political climate or make a judgment on anything political. What I mentioned was a local government thing. 

He doesn’t like how kids show up at different schools and made a true statement when he said they can end up anywhere this year since Shelby County didn’t play sports last year.  

You brought up politics by telling him to move to Shelby County and run for office (you can’t say you weren’t the one that brought it up and then say well it’s just local government.  Isn’t local government political?)

He made the comment that he doesn’t believe they would like his political views in Shelby County since they did vote for the current president and VP (this is all factual stuff) but once again do you think he would have made that comment if you wouldn’t have brought Politics into it by telling him to run for office in Shelby County?

You opened the door no matter if it was tongue and cheek

Edited by Swipes

On 3/27/2022 at 9:09 AM, UCSportsFan said:

As we all knew, Hardaway was illegally recruiting at Memphis East. NCAA is coming down hard on him and the University of Memphis for what he did as a high school coach. Wiseman wasn’t the only one that transferred illegally. T$$AA should take a page out of the NCAA’s playbook and at the very least vacate ALL titles won while Hardaway was on the bench. How many other kids dreams were dashed because of the underhanded dealings of this coaching staff?  All in the name of winning at all costs!  Chickens are coming home to roost now!  

This is such a joke lol. Get over yourself! You’re talking about something that happened in 2017

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Swipes said:

He doesn’t like how kids show up at different schools and made a true statement when he said they can end up anywhere this year since Shelby County didn’t play sports last year.  

You brought up politics by telling him to move to Shelby County and run for office (you can’t say you weren’t the one that brought it up and then say well it’s just local government.  Isn’t local government political?)

He made the comment that he doesn’t believe they would like his political views in Shelby County since they did vote for the current president and VP (this is all factual stuff) but once again do you think he would have made that comment if you wouldn’t have brought Politics into it by telling him to run for office in Shelby County?

You opened the door no matter if it was tongue and cheek

Telling someone to run for office isn't bringing up politics. That's telling someone to run for office. 

Blaming me for him stepping through "the door" is like blaming the victim for the crime. Get out of here with that stuff. 

48 minutes ago, warmachine7954 said:

Telling someone to run for office isn't bringing up politics. That's telling someone to run for office. 

Blaming me for him stepping through "the door" is like blaming the victim for the crime. Get out of here with that stuff. 

Telling someone to move to Memphis to run for office to change stuff he doesn’t agree with is political so nice try.  I don’t think you know what political even is if you don’t see that. What governmental office is not political please tell me that?

Typical victim mentally I see. Bring something up and then get upset when someone responds  and blaming it back on them.  

My response was for another poster who quoted the wrong person since he said it was directed at everyone and not to the person (You) who was the first person to bring up a political office 

12 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Telling someone to move to Memphis to run for office to change stuff he doesn’t agree with is political so nice try.  I don’t think you know what political even is if you don’t see that. What governmental office is not political please tell me that?

Typical victim mentally I see. Bring something up and then get upset when someone responds  and blaming it back on them.  

My response was for another poster who quoted the wrong person since he said it was directed at everyone and not to the person (You) who was the first person to bring up a political office 

You're saying it's my fault that he made a comment on the current political climate? You literally stated that it is my fault that he replied the way he did because I opened the door for him to make the comment. Do you understand what you're saying?

3 hours ago, Rocketboy21 said:

This is such a joke lol. Get over yourself! You’re talking about something that happened in 2017

This goes way deeper than 2017, Penny, and James Wiseman...this has roots in the way Memphis kids transfer all over the city unlike anyplace else in Tn, and are allowed to play without forfeiting a season of eligibility. The Penny/Wiseman situation just brought it to light, because another organization (NCAA) did the legwork beginning with Wiseman's high school career. Without beating on the rotted horse carcass of years past, TSSAA needs to do their job and address the situation. Got to agree with a couple of posters about there being nothing to complain about this year, there were no "super teams" (or gold balls) in Memphis. 

3 hours ago, tradertwo said:

This goes way deeper than 2017, Penny, and James Wiseman...this has roots in the way Memphis kids transfer all over the city unlike anyplace else in Tn, and are allowed to play without forfeiting a season of eligibility. The Penny/Wiseman situation just brought it to light, because another organization (NCAA) did the legwork beginning with Wiseman's high school career. Without beating on the rotted horse carcass of years past, TSSAA needs to do their job and address the situation. Got to agree with a couple of posters about there being nothing to complain about this year, there were no "super teams" (or gold balls) in Memphis. 

TSSAA giving AA 3 Districts as well and making schools that actually care and travel and have great state championship history travel 3 hours is a total joke. Shame making these schools do this while the Memphis schools fail to show up at games and forfeit District and Region Tournaments regularly. Sad deal. 

• Upvote 1