West Tennessee Coaching Changes

WestTNHoopsFan

On 4/11/2022 at 7:21 AM, WestTNHoopsFan said:

Take Henry County off the list and add Peabody.

So any movement on Hardin County or Riverside?

Who gets the Peabody job? Or, who wants the Peabody job?

Rumor is around Gibson Co area there is some talk with Coach Hart to take both programs. 

12 hours ago, BABABA said:

Rumor is around Gibson Co area there is some talk with Coach Hart to take both programs. 

No knock on Coach Hart at all!!! However, one coach doing both programs is a long shot. It has been done well a few times but most cases it is not good for either program. OR, really good for one and awful for the other one. Of course it would be all girls early while football season is going on. He will need a great assistant for both. 

36 minutes ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

No knock on Coach Hart at all!!! However, one coach doing both programs is a long shot. It has been done well a few times but most cases it is not good for either program. OR, really good for one and awful for the other one. Of course it would be all girls early while football season is going on. He will need a great assistant for both. 

I agree with this 100%. I don't know how many schools have one coach doing both, but I see this happening at Dyer Co. The boys program is not what it once was when McCord coached boys only. Now I believe the talent level flowing through there is not what it was. Flip side is the girls program has flourished since he has taken over them and maybe he has been concentrating on them a little more, not sure. It is impossible for the head coach to dedicate 100% of his time to either so the HC would really need to depend on top assistant to take care of things.

14 hours ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

Very good to great programs require a coach's full attention...every moment spent with one program is time away from the other. This is a different era than when basketball was not concentrated upon year 'round.

14 hours ago, Rebelman51 said:

Also hearing Hart will coach both teams at Trenton.  

Looks like Coach Hart passed on coaching the boys, will stick just to Girls. Disappointed to hear that, he would of done an outstanding job at both. Girls will have a great year coming up however, good luck to whoever administration picks as new boys coach.

On 4/14/2022 at 8:10 AM, Dash said:

I agree with this 100%. I don't know how many schools have one coach doing both, but I see this happening at Dyer Co. The boys program is not what it once was when McCord coached boys only. Now I believe the talent level flowing through there is not what it was. Flip side is the girls program has flourished since he has taken over them and maybe he has been concentrating on them a little more, not sure. It is impossible for the head coach to dedicate 100% of his time to either so the HC would really need to depend on top assistant to take care of things.

Now that Strayhorn is gone attention will be back on boys at DC