Blackman fans

REBELRON

On 6/15/2022 at 3:20 AM, arshad221 said:

The trolls are annoying.

Are you talking about message board trolls or is there something living down by that creek west of campus?

When we played at Oakland during the Covid restrictions. As soon as the ball was being kicked off, about 30-40 kids ran through the woods behind the visitors bleachers and vaulted over the fence. They then calmly walked around the field to the home side. It looked like Children Of The Corn or Signs the way they came out of the darkness.

5 hours ago, Vol9093 said:

Is there a more talented roster in 6A than what Blackman has?  4 D1 receivers, a college bound QB, and 4 of the 5 starting OL returning.  This roster is absolutely stacked!  Anything short of making it to State would be a disappointment. 

they have pieces on offense... but you gotta be able to stop the other team.... defensively they really needed to improve...they didn't have that junk yard dawg mentality that it takes.... Hope to see vast improvements there....and no reason not to at least make the playoffs...don't know about making the big game...we will have a better sense when the season starts... but I like what Tygard is doing with the program 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

they have pieces on offense... but you gotta be able to stop the other team.... defensively they really needed to improve...they didn't have that junk yard dawg mentality that it takes.... Hope to see vast improvements there....and no reason not to at least make the playoffs...don't know about making the big game...we will have a better sense when the season starts... but I like what Tygard is doing with the program 

I'm sorry, but just making the playoffs with the talent they have would be a huge disappointment. Teams would love to have just one D1 receiver, but 4 is insane. I will give him credit, he's made the program where talented players want to transfer there, but with that comes high expectations. All the extra stuff he does on social media adds to that. Just reality.

Edited by MidStateFan1
a

2 hours ago, MidStateFan1 said:

I'm sorry, but just making the playoffs with the talent they have would be a huge disappointment. Teams would love to have just one D1 receiver, but 4 is insane. I will give him credit, he's made the program where talented players want to transfer there, but with that comes high expectations. All the extra stuff he does on social media adds to that. Just reality.

I agree... he has placed lofty expectations on the players.... and part of the Draw is exactly what he is doing on social media,,,I think they will make some noise... but until you have some hungry dogs on Defense...it will be tough... you can't outscore everyone... you gotta be able to get some tough stops... 

On 6/10/2022 at 3:30 PM, Blaze45 said:

No NIL deals, but there is a vast difference when coaches actively create interest and generate college looks and visits, over old day mentality if you are good we will let the coaches come find you. If you have a kid who is a solid player you would want them to be in a position where they can really exhibit their skills and hopefully land a few looks. You put 4 or 5 DAGS on the defensive side of the ball, Blackman will have a very tough team to beat .

I know one thing y’all boys better go crazy this year!

6 hours ago, EastNasty said:

I know one thing y’all boys better go crazy this year!

I believe we will have the ability to score on most anyone. Where we struggled last year was on the defensive side of the ball. Until we are as strong on that side of the ball we will struggle with the Oaklands and Maryville's of the world.   We just aren't nasty on the defensive side. You gotta be a little bit of a dawg on that side of the ball . 

Edited by Blaze45

11 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

I believe we will have the ability to score on most anyone. Where we struggled last year was on the defensive side of the ball. Until we are as strong on that side of the ball we will struggle with the Oaklands and Maryville's of the world.   We just aren't nasty on the defensive side. You gotta be a little bit of a dawg on that side of the ball . 

Them WR would be playing DB also but you can’t win if them trenches ain’t right.

1 hour ago, EastNasty said:

Them WR would be playing DB also but you can’t win if them trenches ain’t right.

My point to a T... You are going to play teams that can score just as well... If you can't stop teams from scoring, it is a footrace every game and that don't cut it 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

My point to a T... You are going to play teams that can score just as well... If you can't stop teams from scoring, it is a footrace every game and that don't cut it 

Dline, linebackers and fresh players is key to Blackman. Blackman gap discipline was so terrible last season, linebackers have got to hit gaps better. I believe the offense would have gave playoff teams trouble last season also

23 minutes ago, arshad221 said:

Dline, linebackers and fresh players is key to Blackman. Blackman gap discipline was so terrible last season, linebackers have got to hit gaps better. I believe the offense would have gave playoff teams trouble last season also

Well they played a good offensive game against Oakland,,, did not play Summit well at all....again the big difference was the linebackers did not really ever look cohesive. The d-line did not get a lot of penetration  and force many bad plays or turnovers.  But if we ha a few of those Connor Murphy, Luke Hayes Caleb Lefleur Andre Talley Lorel Morton type guys... it would be a world changer... I am hoping for the best and that we see vast improvement on the defensive side.... Either way I am ready for a new season. 

On 6/22/2022 at 4:45 PM, Blaze45 said:

If those offense stud athletes are that good make them play both ways