Blackman fans

REBELRON

1 hour ago, cbg said:

If those offense stud athletes are that good make them play both ways

Ok... Put the crack pipe down....6'2-6'3 150b-165lb speedster that lines up outside come inside and now try to put a helment on 210- 220 lb angry bowling ball....makes good sense

8 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

Ok... Put the crack pipe down....6'2-6'3 150b-165lb speedster that lines up outside come inside and now try to put a helment on 210- 220 lb angry bowling ball....makes good sense

I think that was an advantage that lipscomb academy had most of the year...they didn't really have kids playing both ways.  some teams did ok in the first quarter and third quarter but were worn out by the 2nd and 4th.

2 hours ago, theawesomebro said:

I think that was an advantage that lipscomb academy had most of the year...they didn't really have kids playing both ways.  some teams did ok in the first quarter and third quarter but were worn out by the 2nd and 4th.

Anytime you continually throw out "fresh"  well coached fundamentally strong players play after play against outstanding talented players the outstanding player begins to loose the edge. Alabama built a dynasty on it......they were eventually able to top notch players 3 and 4 deep and throw the same philosophy at teams and wear them down.  Highschool thats impossible to get the top notch talent at every position and enough that you can soldier them in waves.  I am excited about Blackmans offense,,,, first year in many that I have not caught any 7x7 or scrimmage so I have not seen their defense to know what they will look like. They will be much better than they have been in a while but they will not be where they need to be to be a powerhouse. Tygard understands laying a solid foundation and generating excitement for the kids. He does a phenomenal job getting players seen by colleges and keeping things upbeat and moving quickly. If have kids or raised kids you know you have to move on their speed.." squirrel''... he does a great job working in a manner that kids don't get bored or restless.

4 hours ago, CougarDadx2 said:

7 V 7 Memphis looked pretty good both sides of the ball. Lost once to G'Town by a score. Ensworth WR broke thumb, so he is missing in the near term. McG xfer did not even make the Memphis 7 V 7. As B45 has noted along with others - D will be key. They will be fun to watch.

Definitely fun to watch. #BlazinFast #FastestShowonTurf 

On 6/26/2022 at 5:58 PM, CougarDadx2 said:

7 V 7 Memphis looked pretty good both sides of the ball. Lost once to G'Town by a score. Ensworth WR broke thumb, so he is missing in the near term. McG xfer did not even make the Memphis 7 V 7. As B45 has noted along with others - D will be key. They will be fun to watch.

The question that I have is what is the real reason the WR left Ensworth?

6 hours ago, cbg said:

The question that I have is what is the real reason the WR left Ensworth?

Most likely the biggest reason is Ensworth is loaded with talent at the RB position, always has been. So when you look at his numbers while he was their top receiver, he did not have a huge number of yards which is hard to get in an offense that is going to run as much as they throw. To the contrary, Blackman is going to throw about 70-80 percent of the time (maybe more like 90 this season) giving him much better stats and more visibility for colleges in the recruiting game. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Was just about to say ..... I think it's pretty easy to see why a WR would want to transfer to Blackman. They play a style of ball that's pretty fun if your a skill player. Also, this isn't 20 years ago where privates hoard all the talent, plenty of them are moving to public schools now.

I have doubts Tygard can ever consistently win big running that type of offense, but he'll never have a shortage of skill players to try

23 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Was just about to say ..... I think it's pretty easy to see why a WR would want to transfer to Blackman. They play a style of ball that's pretty fun if your a skill player. Also, this isn't 20 years ago where privates hoard all the talent, plenty of them are moving to public schools now.

I have doubts Tygard can ever consistently win big running that type of offense, but he'll never have a shortage of skill players to try

Completely agree. It's wise to basically be opposite of Oakland, Riverdale, and Rockvale in that they can provide an alternative style of play to kids. However, it's definitely fair to question if it's sustainable in winning at a high level. 

41 minutes ago, MidStateFan1 said:

Completely agree. It's wise to basically be opposite of Oakland, Riverdale, and Rockvale in that they can provide an alternative style of play to kids. However, it's definitely fair to question if it's sustainable in winning at a high level. 

I think it can be a cycle that feeds itself... Think about it. Line up 4 of the states top receivers/ tight-end  and see if the other team can put 4 people out there strong enough to cover them the whole game. You develop enough to win games and put up some crazy numbers up the talent pool could begin to refresh itself. Good players want to play where they are going to win, or at least have a shot at it. Tygard was defensive mind in his previous life at Ravenwood. Curious to see what he has in store   this next season .

Ravenwood was his first dive into Offense. He implemented "Raptor Fast" (which was everything he hated to cover on D), then took it to Madison Academy. O coordinator in both programs. Before that he was always on the D side of the ball - UT, U of Cumberlands, So. Missouri and eventually the high school ranks at Norte Dame.

35 minutes ago, CougarDadx2 said:

Ravenwood was his first dive into Offense. He implemented "Raptor Fast" (which was everything he hated to cover on D), then took it to Madison Academy. O coordinator in both programs. Before that he was always on the D side of the ball - UT, U of Cumberlands, So. Missouri and eventually the high school ranks at Norte Dame.

I heard him speak once the concept of about how he and another Coach at Ravenwood came up with Raptor Fast and knew he was a defensive coordinator at a few schools,  and where his philosophy about putting everything out there that defenses hate to cover came from, but wasn't positive where. I am anxious for this season and to the great stuff he continues to bring to the table.  I really think the success of this season hinges on just how solid the defense can be.  We might not be dominant on D-fense, but if we can be good enough to slow  offenses down and keep them having to work, we will have a very solid season.