Free Middle School Camps

Hartleyrick

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, tnfuturestar1 said:

How many do you think are organizing 8th grade recruiting visits with students outside of their zones and meeting staffs/touring facilities? All organized by the current AD. I can think of one off the top of my head and it’s not Powell. 

If you have knowledge of that going on, then contact the TSSAA.  Otherwise, it just sounds like sour grapes.  

And I repeat;  Every school in Knox County plays in the margins.  Every single one.  If they tell you they don't they aren't being honest with you or with themselves.  

I am not sure about Knoxville, Chattanooga or Memphis but I do know that Metro Nashville Public School are open zoned.  Yes, they may not tell you that publicly but all one has to do is provide there own transportation and they can attend any of the MNPS high schools.  

On 4/16/2022 at 6:07 PM, HTV said:

If you have knowledge of that going on, then contact the TSSAA.  Otherwise, it just sounds like sour grapes.  

And I repeat;  Every school in Knox County plays in the margins.  Every single one.  If they tell you they don't they aren't being honest with you or with themselves.  

And I repeat, painting all KCS schools in the same light is nonsense. From what I’ve been told, a certain team out west has cranked up their efforts since making a non traditional hire. They have already hosted multiple recruiting events.

21 minutes ago, tnfuturestar1 said:

And I repeat, painting all KCS schools in the same light is nonsense. From what I’ve been told, a certain team out west has cranked up their efforts since making a non traditional hire. They have already hosted multiple recruiting events.

The name of the team you are referring to out west is Bearded High School. There nickname/ mascot is Bulldogs.

On 4/16/2022 at 6:07 PM, HTV said:

If you want people to present evidence of recruiting violations or it's just sour grapes?  But you say every football playing school in Knox County is operating in the margins/gray area when it comes to having players that aren't zoned for their school or taking a class that their zoned school doesn't have, or for what ever other reason some player is not playing at his zoned school. Where is your evidence that every Knox County school is doing the same thing to get players. I know freshmen can go to any school if the principal lets them in and people have fake addresses and multiple residences. Where is the evidence that every Knox County football playing school is playing in the margins or is that just a generalization.

1 hour ago, tnfuturestar1 said:

37 minutes ago, BigTime1950 said:

The name of the team you are referring to out west is Bearded High School. There nickname/ mascot is Bulldogs.

Woah woah, y’all are saying Bearden is hosting illegal recruiting events for 8th graders?! No way! The new HC would NEVER do such a thing, right HTV? Hmmmm what’s that guys name again…Josh?….oh wait :roflol:

13 hours ago, BigTime1950 said:

If you want people to present evidence of recruiting violations or it's just sour grapes?  But you say every football playing school in Knox County is operating in the margins/gray area when it comes to having players that aren't zoned for their school or taking a class that their zoned school doesn't have, or for what ever other reason some player is not playing at his zoned school. Where is your evidence that every Knox County school is doing the same thing to get players. I know freshmen can go to any school if the principal lets them in and people have fake addresses and multiple residences. Where is the evidence that every Knox County football playing school is playing in the margins or is that just a generalization.

So you are telling me that assistant coaches don't go to feeder program games, they don't have conversations with any parent or "street agent" about their programs, they don't get feelers from unhappy parents looking for a new home for their kids either directly or thru third parties?  Those are very much in the margins and grey areas according to the book, and they happen county wide.  

If you believe otherwise you are only kidding yourself.  Anybody with a functioning brain knows that it's happening all over the county in pretty much every sport. 

And as I have said, I am not opposed to parental choice in education.  There are a lot of reasons that parents look for different situations for their kids - some athletic, some otherwise, some legit, some just sour grapes.  

My point is that the finger pointers need to be really careful about pointing fingers when it's happening county wide.  

And what is happening at Bearden and middle school "camps", I don't have any knowledge one way or the other about.  

1 hour ago, HTV said:

So you are telling me that assistant coaches don't go to feeder program games, they don't have conversations with any parent or "street agent" about their programs, they don't get feelers from unhappy parents looking for a new home for their kids either directly or thru third parties?  Those are very much in the margins and grey areas according to the book, and they happen county wide.  

If you believe otherwise you are only kidding yourself.  Anybody with a functioning brain knows that it's happening all over the county in pretty much every sport. 

And as I have said, I am not opposed to parental choice in education.  There are a lot of reasons that parents look for different situations for their kids - some athletic, some otherwise, some legit, some just sour grapes.  

My point is that the finger pointers need to be really careful about pointing fingers when it's happening county wide.  

And what is happening at Bearden and middle school "camps", I don't have any knowledge one way or the other about.  

Just more generalizations. Everyone one is speeding, everyone is fudging on taxes, everyone has done something they weren't supposed to when checking addresses of players that transfered,  everyone is has street agents doing the dirty work? So you are the one pointing fingers at every high school football program in Knox County without any real evidence. Just generalizations.

On 4/18/2022 at 12:57 PM, BigTime1950 said:

Just more generalizations. Everyone one is speeding, everyone is fudging on taxes, everyone has done something they weren't supposed to when checking addresses of players that transfered,  everyone is has street agents doing the dirty work? So you are the one pointing fingers at every high school football program in Knox County without any real evidence. Just generalizations.

Exactly right, BigTime1950. I couldn’t have said it any better myself. Absolutely crazy to think that every school is doing shady recruiting operations behind the scenes.

On 4/18/2022 at 12:57 PM, BigTime1950 said:

Apparently you haven't been around Knox County very long.  

And I found this on The Twatter Machine.  I'm sure it's going to go over well.  

Bearden Camp.jpg