3A region 6 preseason rankings

willsneed

On 5/8/2022 at 1:50 PM, MSURacer said:

I find it hard to believe some weights, somewhere, couldn't be rounded up for the players to use. Heck, a local gym or even a different school in that area (Dickson? McEwen?) might be willing to help out.

I know people up in NW Tennessee and SW Kentucky have been scrambling every which way to help out the Mayfield community after that tornado came through.  

They have been using the old tigers den weight room that was used before the field house was built. Isn’t the greatest but better than not doing anything. All the racks and weights are back in the field house, it just hasn’t been completely finished yet.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
12 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I hear Milan and Waverly will be scrimmaging soon at Waverly. Would love it if someone would provide some info on how that one goes. 

I don’t know what Milan has retained from last season but Waverly lost some key players on both sides of the ball. I do however believe Waverly will be a solid team. Waverly will have a new QB but retains a solid RB and WR that should be absolute studs this year. I also believe the offensive line will be better this year. Defense will have to have some holes to fill at LB and DB positions 

6 hours ago, Trollin said:

I don’t know what Milan has retained from last season but Waverly lost some key players on both sides of the ball. I do however believe Waverly will be a solid team. Waverly will have a new QB but retains a solid RB and WR that should be absolute studs this year. I also believe the offensive line will be better this year. Defense will have to have some holes to fill at LB and DB positions 

Milan had a veteran team going into last season. Lost 6 kids to injuries for the season or long stretches of the season. Caused lots of young kids to get reps last year. Hopefully we will have improved from the young uns getting reps last year. We are breaking in a new qb. He was the back up last year but is a really athletic kid. Won the state championship this last spring in the high jump and was a starter on the state runner-up basketball team we had last year. The back field returns. We just need to shore the lines on both sides of the ball. I have heard we are looking good in those areas so far though. 

Last November’s East Nashville playoff game is exactly why Waverly chose to scrimmage Milan.  Kudos to their coaches for scrimmaging such a tough opponent to really test themselves.

Fairview always gets a great scrimmage when scrimmaging Marshall County every year.  A bigger, usually more athletic, 4A opponent lets them know where they stand early every year.  

On 7/11/2022 at 8:21 AM, Trollin said:

So you saying y’all ready?

I’ve seen Cheatham County, Sycamore, Stewart County, Fairview, and Waverly throw in 7/7 camps this summer.  It will be a very competitive season in Region 6-3A.  

I did not get the chance to see WH or WHH throw this summer.  

I hope everyone has had a great summer and has stayed healthy all summer.  It’s about to officially be “preseason ‘22” and scrimmages will be right around the corner.