Way too early Region 7 3A Favorites for 2022/2023

WestTNHoopsFan

Anyone that feels Coach Mahaffey is not a good coach just has an axe to grind. When he gets a really talented player they transfer to Dyer County. Coach Mahaffey is a big winner at Dyersburg, but has not had good-luck in the post-season.

He gets voted coach-of-the-year by his peers because they know how good a coach he is on the other side of them.

He cares about his players and wants to make them better citizens after graduation.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/11/2022 at 12:49 AM, Macnarry said:

Anyone that feels Coach Mahaffey is not a good coach just has an axe to grind. When he gets a really talented player they transfer to Dyer County. Coach Mahaffey is a big winner at Dyersburg, but has not had good-luck in the post-season.

He gets voted coach-of-the-year by his peers because they know how good a coach he is on the other side of them.

He cares about his players and wants to make them better citizens after graduation.

He has had a ton of success. With their enrollment he is doing a great job. One of if not the smallest school in the classification

• 1 month later...
On 6/11/2022 at 12:49 AM, Macnarry said:

Hearing one of these transfers is coming back home

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 4/21/2022 at 1:21 PM, Dash said:

I would argue that the Ripley team that beat Dburg in this years first round of region was beatable considering that Dburg had beat them twice in the regular season...

In the first regular season game at Ripley the Trojans took their first lead with :07 left.

In the second regular season game the Trojans took the lead with :02.3 left.

In both games Dburg rallied from at least six points down in the 4th quarter. 

I don't understand the shock in Ripley winning the Region contest. 

8 hours ago, tennesseeannouncer said:

In the first regular season game at Ripley the Trojans took their first lead with :07 left.

In the second regular season game the Trojans took the lead with :02.3 left.

In both games Dburg rallied from at least six points down in the 4th quarter. 

I don't understand the shock in Ripley winning the Region contest. 

No shock that Ripley won. The statement above was against someone saying that no matter who the coach was at Dburg the last few years they wouldn't have won the tourney games they were put out in. I was at both Ripley games so I know the games were tight. What i'm saying is, Ripley was beatable in the region game a year ago.