Chiefs 2022 2A preseason rankings

Chiefbigfoot

16 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Props for the truth. Not many fans left who are willing to give a tip of the cap to the opposition for being good...Simpson is a special talent who "drew" more talent to the team, and the result was that they were the best team in 2A last season. Hampton did their best, but made a few errors and to win they would have had to play at the top of their game and hope for a couple of mistakes/turnovers. I have no doubt that the Hampton kids gave it their best, and second ain't bad...'bout 50 teams would gladly swap places with em.

Exactly....Unlike others, I know we could have had multiple sustained drives, like the first few, if not having to move from the game plan due to unforced error after unforced error. Is what it is. We took a bunch of ole Carter Co country boys and made it to state. Guess we're still talking about it 'cause there's not much else to hash out at this point

2 hours ago, uknoit2 said:

Exactly....Unlike others, I know we could have had multiple sustained drives, like the first few, if not having to move from the game plan due to unforced error after unforced error. Is what it is. We took a bunch of ole Carter Co country boys and made it to state. Guess we're still talking about it 'cause there's not much else to hash out at this point

Not really...we're talking about it because you're proud of 'em  for who they are and what they accomplished (me too, from afar). More fans ought to take pride in their hometown kids, their effort, and their successes instead of blaming someone for a "failure". I didn't see anyone pick Hampton to be in the championship game in week one, but they fought all season, and put up a fight in the Westview game for the gold ball. After the game, Hampton fans didn't make excuses or blame anyone, just congratulated them on the win and your own kids for their effort. Second place is only a disappointment if you should have finished first.

3 hours ago, uknoit2 said:

Westview forced the fumble and the fourth down stop. Hampton would never be able to compete in the west.  They are equivalent to gibson Co., go look up their score vs. Westview last year

Edited by bulldogclock63
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, bulldogclock63 said:

Westview forced the fumble and the fourth down stop. Hampton would never be able to compete in the west.  They are equivalent to gibson Co., go look up their score vs. Westview last year

can yall start talking about 2022 season???

4 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Not really...we're talking about it because you're proud of 'em  for who they are and what they accomplished (me too, from afar). More fans ought to take pride in their hometown kids, their effort, and their successes instead of blaming someone for a "failure". I didn't see anyone pick Hampton to be in the championship game in week one, but they fought all season, and put up a fight in the Westview game for the gold ball. After the game, Hampton fans didn't make excuses or blame anyone, just congratulated them on the win and your own kids for their effort. Second place is only a disappointment if you should have finished first.

Yea trader, they were a workhorse unit and fun to watch. The last of my 4 boys played in the first ever championship appearance by Hampton. Finally, had one stay healthy enuf to help get us there Lol... I can live with that, win or lose 

On 5/3/2022 at 1:36 PM, bulldogclock63 said:

Westview's JV team beats Hampton 10 out of 10 times last year without Simpson. There was one athlete on Hampton's team, football must be bad out east because the score indicated there was no reason Hampton should have been there. The state championship took place in the quarterfinals in Martin (the best game in 2A all year MAHS vs. Westview). If you think otherwise you are either delusional or a fan from the east, both of which are ok.

Good example, Peabody beat Westview, McKenzie beat Peabody, SP beat McKenzie, Cloudland had every chance in the world and probably should have beat SP, Hampton beat Cloudland 33 to 0. You can't just go by a one game deal and determine outcomes and strengths of teams. Its a ton to do with matchups and game planning. 

1 hour ago, pujo said:

Good example, Peabody beat Westview, McKenzie beat Peabody, SP beat McKenzie, Cloudland had every chance in the world and probably should have beat SP, Hampton beat Cloudland 33 to 0. You can't just go by a one game deal and determine outcomes and strengths of teams. Its a ton to do with matchups and game planning. 

Absolutely. Y’all got beat by SG, we drilled SG, y’all pushed us all over the field. Comparing scores isn’t all that valuable in predicting outcomes of opponents.