Baylor / Soddy

walkenvol

Great match last night. Wasn't able to stay till the end but was told Soddy won 36 to 32. Unfortunately, Leen didn't match up with either James or Brown. Looks like Baylor doesn't have everyone on weight yet. Both teams have several new faces in their lineups, several were impressive. If you wrestle 189 against Soddy, make sure your neck is warm before the match. That was one of the better bar arm and halfs I've seen. What's happened to Schack's red pants? Can anyone post the box score?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

schack has always reserved his red pants for special occasions a really big match or predominantly the state finals- pay close attention walkenvol and you might get to see them- hats off to coach henry he does a good job getting his wrestlers ready to start the season - yes baylor is young and inexperienced but even with coaches in red pants don't be surprised when they are competitive with all come february.

I noticed that Jordan Leen didn't wrestle James or Brown last night when Baylor wrestled Soddy. I saw Jordan Leen at Oklahoma State's wrestling camp last year get thrown around and dominated by a wrestler from El Reno, Okla. It was a one way match and I think Leen either got majored or teched. Besides Jack Silberman, I haven't seen Jordan beat a real good wrestler convincingly. Is Jordan Leen going to be a four time state champion because of lack of competition? Philip Simpson and Matt Keller where both wrestlers that competed nationally and are wrestling well in college. Both of them set themselves beyond any other wrestlers in Tenn. Is Leen that good or does lack of competition make him look better than he is? Please give some feedback

Guest 1moretime

Jordan had a great tournament at Fargo. I think he missed being an All-American by a match. But you know, there is always someone who wants to cut on someone so they can feel good about themselves. Why didn't Kyle bump up or Brown cut to 25....it works both ways you know.

i did not want to say that because i have lots of respect for steve and his program and those comments didn't originate @ soddy but your right he weighed in - if they wanted to wrestle him they could have and there will be other chances if they want - he's not going to go away for two more years