Preseason 1A football team rankings in fans opinions

mrbigster

2 hours ago, WarEagleCartman said:

Just going off memory without seeing what everyone brings back I'd say McKenzie vs Gordonsville as the State Championship

I agree with this....As far as the east goes, Cloudland lost about everyone but they will be physical like always. South Pitt lost a lot but I am sure them, Coalfield, and Greenback will be the "favorites" until they meet Gordonsville. 

23 hours ago, RodgerDodger32 said:

I agree with this....As far as the east goes, Cloudland lost about everyone but they will be physical like always. South Pitt lost a lot but I am sure them, Coalfield, and Greenback will be the "favorites" until they meet Gordonsville. 

10 hours ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

Not a bad pick.

Going to be tough for a first year HC but I think they can come out of the east. I'll have a more informed opinion when they release all the teams returners

Edited by WarEagleCartman

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/20/2022 at 10:13 PM, The Drunken Sailor said:

Not a bad pick.

Solid pick the new HC at Gordonsville changes things for sure but I still think they’re a little overhyped. I said it last year and you would’ve thought it was a sin that I said it, and I turned out to be right. But I will say I think the East is wide open, but just based off track records I’m going to say SP will rep the East but I’m going to throw a wrench into things, Whitwell will be very good soon I don’t know if it’s this year or next. McKenzie big favorites in the west for me. I’ll go with the SP and McKenzie part 2.

I'll give my nod to Peabody/McKenzie as the west favorites.  With what Gordy has returning teamwise, to the addition of the new coach, along with homefield advantage throughout the playoffs, they are the east frontrunner.

I'll tell ya this, champions are made when no one is looking. Putting the work in while others are in "pause mode" will tell the difference come November,  Dec. 

1 hour ago, Southtowner said:

I'll give my nod to Peabody/McKenzie as the west favorites.  With what Gordy has returning teamwise, to the addition of the new coach, along with homefield advantage throughout the playoffs, they are the east frontrunner.

I'll tell ya this, champions are made when no one is looking. Putting the work in while others are in "pause mode" will tell the difference come November,  Dec. 

I think LC beats Peabody.LC played Trenton tough in playoffs but running back was the difference in that game with break away touchdowns but Ganaway is gone.

6 hours ago, TheCommander said:

Solid pick the new HC at Gordonsville changes things for sure but I still think they’re a little overhyped. I said it last year and you would’ve thought it was a sin that I said it, and I turned out to be right. But I will say I think the East is wide open, but just based off track records I’m going to say SP will rep the East but I’m going to throw a wrench into things, Whitwell will be very good soon I don’t know if it’s this year or next. McKenzie big favorites in the west for me. I’ll go with the SP and McKenzie part 2.

Actually, IF it were to happen, it would be Part 3.

5 hours ago, mrbigster said:

I think LC beats Peabody.LC played Trenton tough in playoffs but running back was the difference in that game with break away touchdowns but Ganaway is gone.

Offensive line was the difference. They return 8 offensive starters from last year. Yes, Ganaway was amazing, but he had some serious running lanes to maneuver with. The second half they literally ran the wedge play an entire drive and Lake County had no answer. Those big boys all return except for Conner Meadows which he most likely will be replaced by his younger brother who is actually bigger than him. Keep in mind you will also be playing at Peabody during the season. This group of upcoming seniors has been really good for a long time and they have the leadership that might have been lacking last year. Please, we want people to think that we are going to be really bad because this group still has a sour taste in their mouth over the way it ended last year. We will be lucky if we are .500 this year. 

• Like 1