Preseason 1A football team rankings in fans opinions

mrbigster

4 hours ago, Doc931 said:

Fayetteville with the transfer QB paired with the new OC and one of the best players in the state in Thomison(freakish)  will be a hard out with fuel to the fire from coming up short last year. It comes back down to them and Mckenzie who has to be the fav going in with what they bring back.  Can Gordy finally get by South Pitt?

Did City pick up a new QB for this season?  The Class of 2023 was the last dominant middle school group to go through the Duck River conference so Fayetteville may take a step back after next season. 

13 hours ago, mrbigster said:

I didn't say Trenton would be bad,just think LC has the weapons to beat them this year.

I know...he sort of told you why they would be tough for you to beat, then tried to do the "we'll be lucky to win three games" bit. Pick a horse and ride it to the finish.

Edited by tradertwo

20 hours ago, PeabodyPride said:

Transfers mean jack in a team sport with teenagers my friend , hide and watch and written off Tide show you a lil somethin ! People forget this group of seniors for peabody has been together a long time, no disrespect to your picks just do t see it the same ! 
                      ROLL TIDE

Transfers make a difference at this level as well my guy def if you get one at a spot in need. City's lack of having good QB play has been there weakest link past few years once you stop the student body right student body left you could play with them now they will be more of a swiss army knife. If Mckenzie can meet the pressure and live up to the expectations then they will run the table over your Tigers and your Tide. Long time until the postseason gotta love talking season. 

16 hours ago, Salem said:

Did City pick up a new QB for this season?  The Class of 2023 was the last dominant middle school group to go through the Duck River conference so Fayetteville may take a step back after next season. 

Yes kid from over from Giles if i'm not mistaken. Agreed. They will def take a few steps back after this group last chance for a big run unless those young kids grow and develop.

In the west McKenzie is the clear cut favorite. Peabody will be very good. Fayetteville,Lake County and Dresden will also be very strong. Lake County got a new coach but he is very familiar with the program. He was the DC for the state title team. I do know this LC will be a much stronger team physically. The new coaches put alot of work in the weight room. LC should be alot better defensively this season. LC has a running back that should be all state. He is very good. In the east imo So. Pitt as the favorite you just cannot doubt them. Gordonsville, Coalfield should be in the running. Don't know anything about Greenback without Ryan. Of course injuries could derail anyone's season.

12 hours ago, tradertwo said:

I know...he sort of told you why they would be tough for you to beat, then tried to do the "we'll be lucky to win three games" bit. Pick a horse and ride it to the finish.

I may be a politician. Go with what the people around me want to hear. I know which horse I am going with, but like to see what others are thinking while being respectful to all. 

1 hour ago, Doc931 said:

Your guess is as good as mine one would think he'd go to another school cant see him beating the transfer out the starting nod

Not sure what his options are but Moore County, Cornersville, and Chapel Hill should have solid teams and could use a QB this fall. MC and now Cornersville will probably play shotgun. Our style in Chapel Hill isn't what most QB transfers are looking for. Wish him the best. 

2 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

In the west McKenzie is the clear cut favorite. Peabody will be very good. Fayetteville,Lake County and Dresden will also be very strong. Lake County got a new coach but he is very familiar with the program. He was the DC for the state title team. I do know this LC will be a much stronger team physically. The new coaches put alot of work in the weight room. LC should be alot better defensively this season. LC has a running back that should be all state. He is very good. In the east imo So. Pitt as the favorite you just cannot doubt them. Gordonsville, Coalfield should be in the running. Don't know anything about Greenback without Ryan. Of course injuries could derail anyone's season.

I think CF lost a good amount.GB you CAN count us out as long as this no name go for it on 4th down and 24 on your own 20 dude we have steering our ship is here!Gordy,South Pitt and maybe Cloudland I here they have good numbers and a VERY good young coach that has all my respect after taking it to a MUCH more talented SP team last year.SP is is the lead for now as they should be.

Edited by orngnblk
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Doc931 said:

Transfers make a difference at this level as well my guy def if you get one at a spot in need. City's lack of having good QB play has been there weakest link past few years once you stop the student body right student body left you could play with them now they will be more of a swiss army knife. If Mckenzie can meet the pressure and live up to the expectations then they will run the table over your Tigers and your Tide. Long time until the postseason gotta love talking season. 

Any person who says Transfers dont make a difference never watched a Ryan coached GB team OR any SP team.They do and WILL make a difference!Good teams who win alot attract other kids AND parents sho want to win.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, orngnblk said:

I think CF lost a good amount.GB you CAN count us out as long as this no name go for it on 4th down and 24 on your own 20 dude we have steering our ship is here!Gordy,South Pitt and maybe Cloudland I here they have good numbers and a VERY good young coach that has all my respect after taking it to a MUCH more talented SP team last year.SP is is the lead for now as they should be.

Cloudland in late November on a frozen field is a tough place to play.  However, the semifinal won't be up there this year.