Preseason 1A football team rankings in fans opinions

mrbigster

2 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Any person who says Transfers dont make a difference never watched a Ryan coached GB team OR any SP team.They do and WILL make a difference!Good teams who win alot attract other kids AND parents sho want to win.

Maybe the 2021 team.  The 2007, 2011, 1999 and 1994 teams were as homegrown as they get.

5 hours ago, thunderbolts said:

I may be a politician. Go with what the people around me want to hear. I know which horse I am going with, but like to see what others are thinking while being respectful to all. 

No malicious intent, just a little tongue in cheek jab at you for straddling the fence between "we'll be good" and "we're the underdog". 

12 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

In the west McKenzie is the clear cut favorite. Peabody will be very good. Fayetteville,Lake County and Dresden will also be very strong. Lake County got a new coach but he is very familiar with the program. He was the DC for the state title team. I do know this LC will be a much stronger team physically. The new coaches put alot of work in the weight room. LC should be alot better defensively this season. LC has a running back that should be all state. He is very good. In the east imo So. Pitt as the favorite you just cannot doubt them. Gordonsville, Coalfield should be in the running. Don't know anything about Greenback without Ryan. Of course injuries could derail anyone's season.

I went to the high school and watched the kids in practice today and let me say this...these kids are insanely talented and extremely deep especially at the tight end, running back and wide receiver position. There are several standing 6'3 or taller and crazy talented. I think with the new coaching staff in place people better look out because this team is gonna be great and the scary thing is they're still a very young team

On 5/17/2022 at 9:34 AM, thunderbolts said:

I agree with you, Lake County will be better at the skill positions except at the QB position (Sam will be a 3 year starter.) Our line will be the difference. This team reminds me a lot of the team two years. Going into the season everyone was saying how bad we would be because we lost a ton of talent with Jarell, Cooper, and that senior class, but we had the line coming back that year and it is very similar to this year. We lost a great senior class this year, but we will somehow find some skill guys to go along with the line that we have. Lake County is going to be VERY good this year no doubt. I feel it will be the same as last year, we will see you guys in the quarters. The thing about Class A football is we both are one or two injuries away to being in trouble because of depth issues. Can't wait for the season to get going.

Trenton has a very good qb.Very impressive.Wouldnt sleep on LC qb Ceasar.Freakish athlete,has speed.Think he went about 70 yards against Trenton last year on a running play.LC has lots of talent at the skill positions.Should have all state running back,his backup,a junior played a lot and very fast.Had a freshman in Chamberlain,very talented and a running back at the middle school last year has the potential to be something special .All state receiver Clay is back.68 said LC appears to be much stronger defensively.LC has some huge linemen .So like 68,true falcon think.Barring injury,going to be a tougher team than last year and still very young.Think it's McKenzie,LC,Trenton,Fayetteville,Dresden all being top ten and some in top 5.

With Trenton having 8 starters back.Should be a tough out again this year.I thought LC moved the ball pretty good against them at Trenton and just about everyone back and stronger on defense and Ganaway gone,just think LC will win.Both teams should be tested early with Trenton playing Milan and Lake Co playing Union City who I read beat Dyer Co 4 to 1.last week in a scrimmage.

Edited by mrbigster

On 5/17/2022 at 3:41 PM, Salem said:

Did City pick up a new QB for this season?  The Class of 2023 was the last dominant middle school group to go through the Duck River conference so Fayetteville may take a step back after next season. 

Huntland coaches will snitch again this year. Lol.