Preseason 1A football team rankings in fans opinions

mrbigster

On 5/23/2022 at 11:42 AM, WarEagleCartman said:

Can anyone challenge McKenzie's Marquez Taylor for Mr Football or should they just engrave it now?

I'm sure So Pitt, Fayetteville, Peabody, Lake Co.  will have some kids in the mix along with Mckenzie's Cassidy. There is a whole season to play nobody wins awards in pre season you have to earn them.

1 hour ago, GTG901 said:

I'm sure So Pitt, Fayetteville, Peabody, Lake Co.  will have some kids in the mix along with Mckenzie's Cassidy. There is a whole season to play nobody wins awards in pre season you have to earn them.

1 hour ago, GTG901 said:

Yeah fact you can't give any other names besides his teammate says the odds aren't that great. 

On 5/23/2022 at 11:42 AM, WarEagleCartman said:

Can anyone challenge McKenzie's Marquez Taylor for Mr Football or should they just engrave it now?

I honestly think we may have Marquez and Jackson Cassidy there. Cassidy is so good and is sometime overlooked because the eyes are on Marquez.  But, if you go back and watch our game film from last year, and even Cassidy's sophomore year, he is a baller.  Some may forget, he played one handed against Adamsville his sophmore year in the regular season due to a cast on his hand.   He is a quiet leader but as competitive as anyone that we have had.  Expectations are high as they should be but we did lose some big pieces of the cog.  Hatley, Moon, and Hudson will be hard to replace along the line along with Cook at LB. But, we had several Freshman and Soph get alot of playing time last year.  Tate Surber will be back at Safety (And will push Cassidy for the starting job at QB).   Keep your eyes on Colt Norden and Brady Brewer to assist more in the backfield with Taylor. Jose Luna should be back on the line for his senior season.  He was injured all of last year.  He is 6' 300 plus.  Should be a fun year in Rebel country.  I would anticipate Dresden to be very good this year. I know Dresden returns everyone.  

Out of Region 2, I'd have to give Coalfield the nod right now. They lose some skill position players, but if the Bunch kid plays, that'll help their running game balance out with the spread better. Oakdale will lose the Vera kid, but they'll probably be a playoff team again, and maybe go rounds again. Greenback still seems to be about a year away from really being scary, but it depends on what their current coach does with what he has there. Harriman will be an X-factor to watch for in the district. Midway lost an awful lot off last year's despite a good coach coming back home. Sunbright's got a couple decent returning kids, but depth is going to be the big thing with them. Oliver Springs will be in the mix for a playoff spot with a new coach, but I think they're about a year or two away from seriously contending for one of the top spots in that district.

5 hours ago, VOLnWTN said:

I honestly think we may have Marquez and Jackson Cassidy there. Cassidy is so good and is sometime overlooked because the eyes are on Marquez.  But, if you go back and watch our game film from last year, and even Cassidy's sophomore year, he is a baller.  Some may forget, he played one handed against Adamsville his sophmore year in the regular season due to a cast on his hand.   He is a quiet leader but as competitive as anyone that we have had.  Expectations are high as they should be but we did lose some big pieces of the cog.  Hatley, Moon, and Hudson will be hard to replace along the line along with Cook at LB. But, we had several Freshman and Soph get alot of playing time last year.  Tate Surber will be back at Safety (And will push Cassidy for the starting job at QB).   Keep your eyes on Colt Norden and Brady Brewer to assist more in the backfield with Taylor. Jose Luna should be back on the line for his senior season.  He was injured all of last year.  He is 6' 300 plus.  Should be a fun year in Rebel country.  I would anticipate Dresden to be very good this year. I know Dresden returns everyone.  

My opinion is that Cassidy was the main reason Peabody lost in the 4th round. He hit some routes perfectly that Peabody just couldn’t guard.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SmallTownSportsGuy said:

Out of Region 2, I'd have to give Coalfield the nod right now. They lose some skill position players, but if the Bunch kid plays, that'll help their running game balance out with the spread better. Oakdale will lose the Vera kid, but they'll probably be a playoff team again, and maybe go rounds again. Greenback still seems to be about a year away from really being scary, but it depends on what their current coach does with what he has there. Harriman will be an X-factor to watch for in the district. Midway lost an awful lot off last year's despite a good coach coming back home. Sunbright's got a couple decent returning kids, but depth is going to be the big thing with them. Oliver Springs will be in the mix for a playoff spot with a new coach, but I think they're about a year or two away from seriously contending for one of the top spots in that district.

I agree with your assessment.Only thing scary in GB is what will that E guy will do on 4th and 24 on his own 10.He has to show me he can actually coach before I can even evaluate our boys.Hopefully after last year he will at least get them in shape to play 4 quarters before the fifth game.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, VOLnWTN said:

No argument about Cassidy he's definitely the straw that stirs the drink. But Taylor plays in such a flashy eye catching way I just don't think the voters will be able deny him. Add the college offers on top of everything he has to be the favorite.

42 minutes ago, WarEagleCartman said:

No argument about Cassidy he's definitely the straw that stirs the drink. But Taylor plays in such a flashy eye catching way I just don't think the voters will be able deny him. Add the college offers on top of everything he has to be the favorite.

Agree. If he ever gets to the second level, you can't catch him.