Preseason 1A football team rankings in fans opinions

mrbigster

24 minutes ago, Waker said:

When you have a 1a school send a football team to the championship game, a basketball team to state and a baseball team to state in the same year, they have a special group of athletes. The leading cast is all returning.

I have to agree with you Waker, McKenzie is the favorite no doubt!  They are senior loaded and that is huge for teams in the playoffs.  They remind me of some of the good ones from the area in the last several years: Peabody 2020, Lake County 2019, Peabody 2018, Dresden 2016.  If they have a descent line they will go 15-0 and I believe they do.  My only problem I could see them having is a really soft schedule.  They could very well have a running clock in every game.  That could have some impact in playoffs. 

• Upvote 1

Well, one thing is for sure....McKenzie must be in everyone's head.   Like Waker said, bulk of all those athletes are back.   It should be another great year for MHS athletics.  I assure you they will not over look anyone...in any of the sports.  They will play to the best of their ability.  As far as football, we have 14 seniors on this team.  They all know the target is big on their backs.  The path to Chattanooga is not easy nor should it be.  If we play to our capabilities, and can stay healthy, we got a great shot.  But, I guess that is the same with Peabody, LC, Fayetteville, and SP.  Its a long way to November.  All I know is the Rebels are focused on August 19th game 1 vs Huntingdon on the carpet.   

• Like 1

Just now, VOLnWTN said:

Well, one thing is for sure....McKenzie must be in everyone's head.   Like Waker said, bulk of all those athletes are back.   It should be another great year for MHS athletics.  I assure you they will not over look anyone...in any of the sports.  They will play to the best of their ability.  As far as football, we have 14 seniors on this team.  They all know the target is big on their backs.  The path to Chattanooga is not easy nor should it be.  If we play to our capabilities, and can stay healthy, we got a great shot.  But, I guess that is the same with Peabody, LC, Fayetteville, and SP.  Its a long way to November.  All I know is the Rebels are focused on August 19th game 1 vs Huntingdon on the carpet.   

Sometimes you just have a really special group of athletes and y’all do!  Most likely y’all come back down to reality after this season.

59 minutes ago, Pirateman28 said:

How is McKenzie the favorite? The last time I checked the defending champion is the team to beat until proven otherwise.

Sometimes this is true, more often it's an indication that they should be pretty good, and sometimes it's just ridiculous. If you won it all last year and return everyone, I'd have no problem agreeing with you...if (as Gordonsville did a few years back) you win it and graduate your entire starting team, it means absolutely nothing, and if you lose the players that South Pitt lost and beat your chest that you're the defending champion and that makes you the odds on favorite (team to beat), that makes me want to ask you if you're off your meds. South Pitt is THE premier program in the east, and I have no doubt that they will be talented, motivated, and confident. I'd bet that they make the semi's without knowing anything about them other than they expect to be there, and usually are, but there's some stiff competition coming from the west this season no matter which team survives the gauntlet, and they will be forged in the fire of being tested by a practically equal team for their last two or three games. You don't have to be scared (and the Pirates won't), but you'd better respect whomever comes out of the west this year or they'll hand you your hat and ask you to leave.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Bigster he is more like 5 feet 8. 165lbs

Lol he looks huge from the stands.Is he the running back that was there last year.Thought he was a 6th grader last year.Or is this a different player?Goodness,Chamberlain only a soph,the Gross kid is a stud running back and just going to be a freshman and now this young man ur talking about.? What LC going to do?..lol

1 minute ago, tradertwo said:

South Pitt is THE premier program in the east, and I have no doubt that they will be talented, motivated, and confident. I'd bet that they make the semi's without knowing anything about them other than they expect to be there, and usually are, but there's some stiff competition coming from the west this season no matter which team survives the gauntlet, and they will be forged in the fire of being tested by a practically equal team for their last two or three games. 

It's tough to play physical playoff games with Cornersville, Fayetteville, and Peabody in back to back to back weeks before travelling to play South Pitt in their backyard. The west had 4 teams in 2021 better than the east runner up, IMO.

1 hour ago, tradertwo said:

Sometimes this is true, more often it's an indication that they should be pretty good, and sometimes it's just ridiculous. If you won it all last year and return everyone, I'd have no problem agreeing with you...if (as Gordonsville did a few years back) you win it and graduate your entire starting team, it means absolutely nothing, and if you lose the players that South Pitt lost and beat your chest that you're the defending champion and that makes you the odds on favorite (team to beat), that makes me want to ask you if you're off your meds. South Pitt is THE premier program in the east, and I have no doubt that they will be talented, motivated, and confident. I'd bet that they make the semi's without knowing anything about them other than they expect to be there, and usually are, but there's some stiff competition coming from the west this season no matter which team survives the gauntlet, and they will be forged in the fire of being tested by a practically equal team for their last two or three games. You don't have to be scared (and the Pirates won't), but you'd better respect whomever comes out of the west this year or they'll hand you your hat and ask you to leave.

Yall don't pay much attention to Pirateman28 he's just here to ruffle feathers. He's not even a Pirate I'm pretty sure he's a puke purple warrior. 

Sp did lose a lot from last season and will have to replace some really good players. It's one game at a time for Sp and hoping we can improve throughout the season. I would say with what Gordonsville has returning they will be the pre season favorites out of the east 

29 minutes ago, oneyewilly said:

Yall don't pay much attention to Pirateman28 he's just here to ruffle feathers. He's not even a Pirate I'm pretty sure he's a puke purple warrior. 

Sp did lose a lot from last season and will have to replace some really good players. It's one game at a time for Sp and hoping we can improve throughout the season. I would say with what Gordonsville has returning they will be the pre season favorites out of the east 

I’m a Pirate :thumb:

1 hour ago, tradertwo said:

Sp will respect anybody they face in the state game this year but to say they don’t have a chance to win because the west has the best teams is flat out ridiculous.

On 7/31/2022 at 3:18 PM, BossDog said:

Cornersville will represent the west this year.

The whole town already has hotels booked in Chattnooga as well. 

I’ll vouch for this!!!! King Franklin, the beast from the west or whatever you wanna call him!! He will carry this team to Chattnooga this year.