Preseason 1A football team rankings in fans opinions

mrbigster

12 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Nobody said that they weren't the best team or that they didn't have a chance. Believe me, everybody has plenty of respect for the Pirates because they've earned it over and over on the field, not because some Johnny come lately newbie proclaims them "king of the hill" until someone knocks them off. The real Pirate fans on here tell it as straight as anybody, without excessive sandbagging, disrespecting weaker programs, or making brash statements that put extra pressure on the players.

I’m as real as it gets just check my predictions last year that were spot on :thumb:

12 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Pretty well had that pegged too oneyewilly...just that sometimes my tolerance for "real dumb" gets worn thin. Best of luck to y'all over that way too, tough circumstances for the kids to deal with but I'm sure that they'll turn a terrible situation into motivation. 

Real dumb? I guess we will see how the season turns out then we will see who’s what :thumb::lol:

48 minutes ago, WarEagleCartman said:

Idk where he'll go I'm just stating the facts. But I disagree I see him as an all purpose back maybe use him in a debo samuel type roll if you play him at receiver. And random advice Taylor will never read from a stranger on the internet. If any school puts you at db transfer immediately. 

Oh, yeah.  Not disagreeing with you.  I know Ole Miss wants him at RB.  I will say his build reminds me of Jabari Small.  I know he wants to be on the offensive side of the ball. That will be a big piece of it. 

1 hour ago, WarEagleCartman said:

2 kids really? McKenzie's current senior class is the most talented they've ever had. And it's done in all 3 major boys sports. And leadership infighting and quitting? How's that possible with the best staff in the area

You see it in all sports. 3 Gold Balls in a row and some times they think they can do it their way. Happens. Even coaches get complacent. 

2 hours ago, Doc931 said:

The Cornersville pick to going to Chatt is wild. They aint touching Fayetteville Mckenzie or Peabody.  To much speed and to many Jimmys and Joes from all three of those teams. City has the best player in 1a with Thomison the Memphis commit him game wrecker and changer. The Coach they got from Hazel Green not cutting the check either ask around they are thrilled his gone.  Fayetteville Mckenzie and Peabody are a toss up for who gets to the ship physical and talented across the board you can ff to the 3rd matchup of City vs Mckenzie again. That was a thriller last year City made one mistake that cost them that game. 

McKenzie and Fayetteville have it rough rough. McKenzie will have Cornersville, Fayetteville or Dresden, Peabody or Lake County and maybe a South Pittsburg or ???. Fayetteville would have Dresden, McKenzie, Peabody or Lake County and South Pittsburg or ????. Going to be real hard for Fayetteville or McKenzie to win it. Too much talent to go through. Just like the state tournament in basketball. You put the top four on one side of the bracket they lose in the end lots of times.

44 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

McKenzie and Fayetteville have it rough rough. McKenzie will have Cornersville, Fayetteville or Dresden, Peabody or Lake County and maybe a South Pittsburg or ???. Fayetteville would have Dresden, McKenzie, Peabody or Lake County and South Pittsburg or ????. Going to be real hard for Fayetteville or McKenzie to win it. Too much talent to go through. Just like the state tournament in basketball. You put the top four on one side of the bracket they lose in the end lots of times.

The talent gap is pretty wide after City, Mckenzie, and Peabody. Don't get me wrong those other teams will be solid but not close to the cream of the crop. Basketball and football is way different the reason March Madness has 16 seeds beating the 1 seed but how many times have you seen the top teams booted in football hardly ever. Dresden and Cornersville lack the athletes to compete with those 3 powers they rolled through those teams last year and nothing will change this year. both of those teams have to travel to Mckenzie and Fayetteville not ideal. 

3 hours ago, Doc931 said:

The Cornersville pick to going to Chatt is wild. They aint touching Fayetteville Mckenzie or Peabody.  To much speed and to many Jimmys and Joes from all three of those teams. City has the best player in 1a with Thomison the Memphis commit him game wrecker and changer. The Coach they got from Hazel Green not cutting the check either ask around they are thrilled his gone.  Fayetteville Mckenzie and Peabody are a toss up for who gets to the ship physical and talented across the board you can ff to the 3rd matchup of City vs Mckenzie again. That was a thriller last year City made one mistake that cost them that game. 

I just don't see them improving 4 tds while losing Randolph. 

6 minutes ago, WarEagleCartman said:

That's what I was getting at. Putting it all on the kids who are conveniently gone now seems like a cop out. 

7 minutes ago, WarEagleCartman said:

That's what I was getting at. Putting it all on the kids who are conveniently gone now seems like a cop out. 

you pretend to know and understand more than you do ! Never put them blame on 1 particular “kid” just like I do t call kids from certain school system retards ! Copy homeboy ? 

7 minutes ago, thunderbolts said:

The real question is, are you going to be posting the weeks we play West Carroll this year or not? Missed out on some good conversation last year for two weeks.

Yeah well when your grandma gets sick for an extended amount of time then passes away high school football seems to be not as important. Sorry you didn't get the chance to brag about it. Not as sorry as I am for not getting to say I told y'all so about Huntingdon and McKenzie. 

Edited by WarEagleCartman