Preseason 1A football team rankings in fans opinions

mrbigster

3 hours ago, WarEagleCartman said:

2 kids really? McKenzie's current senior class is the most talented they've ever had. And it's done in all 3 major boys sports. And leadership infighting and quitting? How's that possible with the best staff in the area

Yeah, we got more than 2.  Here are some numbers to watch this year...1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 11, 12, 14, 15, 26, 34, 66, 74, 77.  This is last years team.  A couple of new numbers to watch:  60 and 47.  

8 minutes ago, VOLnWTN said:

Yeah, we got more than 2.  Here are some numbers to watch this year...1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 11, 12, 14, 15, 26, 34, 66, 74, 77.  This is last years team.  A couple of new numbers to watch:  60 and 47.  

2 absolute studs that are known all around is what I meant and I know that was understood, Peabody has 4 guys playing D 1 ball from that team and multiple more studs , you and I know all the studs in the world don’t matter at times ! Really hope we get to meet  up again ! Gonna be a great season , we lost a lot but return the best line in 1 A by a huge margin and Cassidy is probably my favorite non TideMan and a great kid ! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Doc931 said:

The talent gap is pretty wide after City, Mckenzie, and Peabody. Don't get me wrong those other teams will be solid but not close to the cream of the crop. Basketball and football is way different the reason March Madness has 16 seeds beating the 1 seed but how many times have you seen the top teams booted in football hardly ever. Dresden and Cornersville lack the athletes to compete with those 3 powers they rolled through those teams last year and nothing will change this year. both of those teams have to travel to Mckenzie and Fayetteville not ideal. 

You are most definitely selling Lake County short. LC arguably has the best skill guys of the all. The talent gap is not that wide at all. 

1 hour ago, thunderbolts said:

The real question is, are you going to be posting the weeks we play West Carroll this year or not? Missed out on some good conversation last year for two weeks.

He won’t he likes to run his mouth and then play the victim. He knows alot about nothing 

2 hours ago, WarEagleCartman said:

Yeah well when your grandma gets sick for an extended amount of time then passes away high school football seems to be not as important. Sorry you didn't get the chance to brag about it. Not as sorry as I am for not getting to say I told y'all so about Huntingdon and McKenzie. 

Sorry to hear about your grandma. Just trying to give you a hard time. Was not going to brag about it.

On 7/24/2022 at 5:36 PM, tradertwo said:

Seems like most folks are either a Pirate fan or a hater. The most consistent thing about that program for the last two decades or more is that they play for the title, or someone has to beat them to play for the title. Nobody has been better on a consistent basis not named Alcoa or Maryville...you don't have to like it, but you really can't argue against it. Every year there's a good reason that South Pittsburg will fall off and not be relevant in deciding who is contending for the gold ball according to someone on here with some confidential insight, yet they always find a way to beat the odds (and all the teams better than them) and win anyway. Guess we'll see if it ages well this time around, or if they meet someone (looks like Gordy to most) in the semi's despite not having much of a shot.

4 hours ago, Pirateman28 said:

Real dumb? I guess we will see how the season turns out then we will see who’s what :thumb::lol:

The above post was made about a week ago...read it carefully, and you might get the feeling that I'm not picking against South Pittsburg, I'm busting your chops for being a jerk. :roll: :mrgreen:

Edited by tradertwo
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, lakecounty1968 said:

You are most definitely selling Lake County short. LC arguably has the best skill guys of the all. The talent gap is not that wide at all. 

I was thinking the same thing.McKenzie,Trenton and Fayetteville.Not saying LC will beat Trenton but I believe they will.But if they do,then how they feel?Think it depends on line play.Doubt any of those teams will have more skill position talent.

Edited by mrbigster