Preseason 1A football team rankings in fans opinions

mrbigster

3 hours ago, Doc931 said:

The talent gap is pretty wide after City, Mckenzie, and Peabody. Don't get me wrong those other teams will be solid but not close to the cream of the crop. Basketball and football is way different the reason March Madness has 16 seeds beating the 1 seed but how many times have you seen the top teams booted in football hardly ever. Dresden and Cornersville lack the athletes to compete with those 3 powers they rolled through those teams last year and nothing will change this year. both of those teams have to travel to Mckenzie and Fayetteville not ideal. 

Bottom line is the west is loaded and the East is not. Basketball bracket and the football brackets are very similar at times when you have three or four top teams in one bracket and the other bracket don’t. Lake County has players. You might won’t to go watch them play. 

8 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

I was thinking the same thing.McKenzie,Trenton and Fayetteville.Not saying LC will beat Trenton but I believe they will.But if they do,then how they feel?Think it depends on line play.Doubt any of those teams will have more skill position talent.

Thought LC did ok against Westview a team picking to go to state in their classification.And Day Day,their stud running back only played 3 plays on offense I believe and ran for about 10 yards and 25 yards.So LC did ok .Also had a lineman sprained and ankle and sat out just about all the scrimmage.And heard another linemen had a broken collarbone and didn't play but about to return.And Brady 6'7 just moved back and should help.Not saying he's a savior but with him and the lineman thsts out with collarbone should give LC some more depth.

Guess I'm with most everyone.McKenzie is the favorite.Think Trenton vs Lake Co will be a good close me.Trenton may be better than last year for all I know but I'm just going with them not having their speedster.May have others that have speed but do they have running back instincts to hit the hole and make cuts.Think if we can keep their qb from hurting us,LC be ok.

Edited by mrbigster

1 minute ago, mrbigster said:

Guess I'm with most everyone.McKenzie is the favorite.Think Trenton vs Lake Co will be a good close me.Trenton may be better than last year for all I know but I'm just going with them not having their speedster.May have others that have speed but do they have running back instincts to hit the hole and make cuts.

Shocking thing is Khalik wasn’t really fast , great hole awareness and cut ability but only  a bit above avg as far as actually speed, I feel safe saying he was the 4th of 5 th fastest when we played you fellas, Tide D will be better and faster, offense will still have long fast recievers but the running game will be punishing and not finesse, personally our best seasons where when we punished defenders but I enjoy old school smash mouth ball ! Can’t wait to have y’all over this year ! Now it won’t compare to the shendig that @shockernation puts on but we try !!!! GL to y’all 

2 hours ago, tradertwo said:

The above post was made about a week ago...read it carefully, and you might get the feeling that I'm not picking against South Pittsburg, I'm busting your chops for being a jerk. :roll: :mrgreen:

He isn't really SP.  He's Jasper.  He was doing this last year as well.  He's actually better at it than most. 

1 hour ago, PeabodyPride said:

Shocking thing is Khalik wasn’t really fast , great hole awareness and cut ability but only  a bit above avg as far as actually speed, I feel safe saying he was the 4th of 5 th fastest when we played you fellas, Tide D will be better and faster, offense will still have long fast recievers but the running game will be punishing and not finesse, personally our best seasons where when we punished defenders but I enjoy old school smash mouth ball ! Can’t wait to have y’all over this year ! Now it won’t compare to the shendig that @shockernation puts on but we try !!!! GL to y’all 

Appreciate the kind words bro! Been a weird start for me losing my riding partner for the past 25 years and he was my informant for daily updates at LC. Sure missing Bobby Joe. And my brother who parked in the end zone every game. I’m working up my enthusiasm up though better days ahead my friend! I’m sure we’ll meet up for the Milan game 

8 minutes ago, shockernation said:

Appreciate the kind words bro! Been a weird start for me losing my riding partner for the past 25 years and he was my informant for daily updates at LC. Sure missing Bobby Joe. And my brother who parked in the end zone every game. I’m working up my enthusiasm up though better days ahead my friend! I’m sure we’ll meet up for the Milan game 

You know it my friend ! I know you’ve had some big loses but life is good as long as your kids stay awesome and your wife never gets her vision fixed ,hahahahha ! 

3 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

You know it my friend ! I know you’ve had some big loses but life is good as long as your kids stay awesome and your wife never gets her vision fixed ,hahahahha ! 

Amen to that…thankfully the girl is blind! My therapy has been through baseball and softball and it’s been a good ride as you’re aware! Can’t wait to meet up