McMinn Central 2022

gecko

Is this the year McMinn Central wins a district title? 

- Tons of athletes

- Solid Senior Class

- Solid Coaching Staff

Season prediction: 

L McMinn County 

W Tellico Plains

W Signal Mountain

W Polk County

W Brainerd

W Meigs County

W Kingston

L Loudon

W Rockwood

W Sweetwater

8-2, come up just short in district championship

1-1 in playoffs

9-3 Overall. Easy schedule leads to an easy 8-2 but not being tested cost us in round 2. 

Go Chargers. 

:roflolk:lol Nawp

1 hour ago, gecko said:

Is this the year McMinn Central wins a district title? 

- Tons of athletes

- Solid Senior Class

- Solid Coaching Staff

Season prediction: 

L McMinn County 

W Tellico Plains

W Signal Mountain

W Polk County

W Brainerd

W Meigs County

W Kingston

L Loudon

W Rockwood

W Sweetwater

8-2, come up just short in district championship

1-1 in playoffs

9-3 Overall. Easy schedule leads to an easy 8-2 but not being tested cost us in round 2. 

Go Chargers. 

2 hours ago, ChineseFlu said:

Why isn't their head coach running practice?

I think he does it during the last class of the day and then Rec comes in after school to run the defense. My niece runs track and said he's the only coach out there after school but she may not know.

This will be the 57th edition of the McMinn Central Chargers since 1966 when Etowah Piledrivers and the Englewood Rams combined high schools. My question to McMinn Central fans, the football fields that are located behind the Englewood Elementary and the Etowah Elementary schools, is that the old high school football fields by chance when they were the Englewood Rams and the Etowah Pile Drivers.

On 4/25/2022 at 3:47 PM, BarneySox2007 said:

This will be the 57th edition of the McMinn Central Chargers since 1966 when Etowah Piledrivers and the Englewood Rams combined high schools. My question to McMinn Central fans, the football fields that are located behind the Englewood Elementary and the Etowah Elementary schools, is that the old high school football fields by chance when they were the Englewood Rams and the Etowah Pile Drivers.

I believe both are those are the old high school fields.....Still have some bleachers in place. The Etowah Field is maintain by the city and still used for youth league games.

9 hours ago, Charger64 said:

I believe both are those are the old high school fields.....Still have some bleachers in place. The Etowah Field is maintain by the city and still used for youth league games.

Thanks Charger64, I was looking for their old fields on google earth hoping they still remained after all of these years and usually most of these places have still existed if the school systems still own the property even though the old high schools have been replaced with newer buildings. To me being such a big high school football fan these places are like a graveyard that don't need to be messed with and very glad to see them still there unlike Madisonville who built a new school building on their old field like there wasn't plenty of land there anyway.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Thanks Charger64, I was looking for their old fields on google earth hoping they still remained after all of these years and usually most of these places have still existed if the school systems still own the property even though the old high schools have been replaced with newer buildings. To me being such a big high school football fan these places are like a graveyard that don't need to be messed with and very glad to see them still there unlike Madisonville who built a new school building on their old field like there wasn't plenty of land there anyway.

https://earth.google.com/web/search/Etowah+City+School+System,+8th+Street,+Etowah,+TN/@35.32722729,-84.53457128,272.28727436a,217.75771795d,35y,-102.19584095h,44.99602475t,0r/data=CpwBGnISbAolMHg4ODVlNDY5MGQxMWJiYTM1OjB4MmI2MTE0Yzc4NmEzMzMxZBldhTnm4alBQCHKv5ZXLiJVwCoxRXRvd2FoIENpdHkgU2Nob29sIFN5c3RlbSwgOHRoIFN0cmVldCwgRXRvd2FoLCBUThgBIAEiJgokCY_PcScuYUNAEWD7-QaBGT9AGbdq2gVHNVLAIZXZKh6LHFfA