McMinn Central 2022

gecko

On 6/29/2022 at 9:33 AM, BarneySox2007 said:

Makes it harder to deal with in a smaller community than one much bigger I guess. I remember a few years ago one of the Greenback mothers was going through people's cars at the ballgame searching for drugs during the game. I had posted she don't have worms or ticks anymore because I stopped off at Pe Paws a vet to pick up that medicine  right in front of the football parking lot the night I went.

:roflol:  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2022 at 12:28 PM, Dadof2 said:

Season prediction: 

L McMinn County 

W Tellico Plains 50/50

W Signal Mountain 50/50

W Polk County

W Brainerd 50/50

L Meigs County

L Kingston

L Loudon

L Rockwood

L Sweetwater

I see the Chargers going 6-4 (possibly 7-3) this year because most of their district opponents won't be as good as in year's past. They have some good athletes at skill positions, and they have a good coaching staff.  

8 hours ago, blitzinbuc said:

I see the Chargers going 6-4 (possibly 7-3) this year because most of their district opponents won't be as good as in year's past. They have some good athletes at skill positions, and they have a good coaching staff.  

Rockwood, Kingston, Loudon, Meigs & McMinn will have good teams this year and Central will be the underdog in those games, and they will have to go to Sweetwater and Brainerd so those games will be tough game to win as well. 

On 7/30/2022 at 7:10 PM, Dadof2 said:

Rockwood, Kingston, Loudon, Meigs & McMinn will have good teams this year and Central will be the underdog in those games, and they will have to go to Sweetwater and Brainerd so those games will be tough game to win as well. 

You're probably more knowledgeable about their district opponents than I am. However, from what I've read and been told, all of the district teams Central plays won't be as good as they were last year... not that they won't be good, just not expected to be as good as last year due to some great players that graduated.  Same with McMinn and Meigs.... just not expected to be as good due to the great talent they both lost.
My point is that with the expected and professed improvements at Central - along with many of their opponents not expected to be as good as last year - this may be Central's best year to sneak upon someone.  Time will tell..... 

Edited by blitzinbuc

I'm new here to coacht. But that's besides the point I'm hearing good things about the boys in blue if they do good I can see them going 6-4 and if they do there worst I  could see that dropping to 3-7 

Mcminn county -L ( McMinn is too deep in the skill positions and has to much depth)

Tellico plains- W (Central gets pay back at home)

Signal Mountain- W ( but could be a toss up but think the Chargers have the better chance of victory between the two this year.)

Polk county- W ( Central will be to much for polk this year

Brainerd- W or L (usually always a toss up between central and brainerd no matter how weak either school is)

Meigs county- L ( but will be closer than years prior)

Kingston- L ( think yellow jackets will be to much for the blue boys but could possibly upset them)

Loudon- L ( should be one of Centrals toughest regular season oppenents)

Rockwood- W or L ( think it will be alot closer than last years game especially since its at Central, I thought it would have been closer last year, hoping depth helps the chargers in this game)

Sweetwater- W ( Think this is the year Central gets over the wildcat hump I feel like Central has had the better team a few times and but the last few years have chocked against sweetwater in low scoring battles.

My final prediction for their regular season record will probably 5-5  with a possible 4th seed spot and a 1st round exit against Giles County.

Edited by RichyRich

Central chargers ended up shutting out York Institute in the scrimmage 21-0 really do think well see a much improved team this season. And for the second straight Friday, the Central defense did not give up any points.

McMinn Central's latest scrimmage performance may be the strongest indication yet that the Chargers could turn the corner this football season.

Central dominated its final scrimmage of the preseason Friday, winning 21-0 at York Institute in Jamestown. It was a complete reversal from the last time the two teams scrimmaged a year ago, when York had come into Englewood and smothered the Chargers 27-7.

And for the second straight Friday, the Central defense did not give up any points.

"First of all, you've got to give props to our defense, really, because after the way we played the other day at the five-way,” said Central head coach Matt Moody. “York is a real physical team. They're a team that came down when we scrimmaged last year and beat us (27-7), and they physically dominated us.

“But our defense today, they stepped up and had several stops and several timely turnovers that they caused. And right now it's just good to watch them play. Everybody is understanding what we're trying to do and are getting to the football and playing aggressive, and I'm really pressed with our defensive effort today, again.”

Central's offense consistently moved the ball as well, despite the absence due to sickness of a couple of key skill players.

Isaiah Edmonds and Raymond McCarty got most of the touches at running back, with McCarty scoring Central's first touchdown from 20 yards out by making defenders miss after a catch in the flat.

Bay Harbison caught a 24-yard pass from quarterback Novice Cox for the second touchdown, and Cox ran the Chargers' final score in from eight yards out.

Central's final preseason outing takes place Friday in the jamboree at Polk County. The Chargers play the 8 p.m. game against Sequoyah, a 20-minute quarter with a running clock.

Edited by RichyRich

Chattanooga Times Free Press article on Central:

McMinn Central, with 19 returning starters, ranks as the region's most veteran-laden team. The Chargers are hungry for their first winning season since 2014, when they set a program record with 10 victories. Last season they went 2-8, but their losses to Signal Mountain, Sweetwater and Tellico Plains were by a combined nine points.
"Our guys are experienced and really are a whole lot tougher going into this season," second-year coach Matt Moody said. "(Left tackle) Isaiah Trew is one of those kids who has made huge improvements in the weight room. This team is full of hard workers, and they are ready to have a strong season."
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, blitzinbuc said:

Chattanooga Times Free Press article on Central:

McMinn Central, with 19 returning starters, ranks as the region's most veteran-laden team. The Chargers are hungry for their first winning season since 2014, when they set a program record with 10 victories. Last season they went 2-8, but their losses to Signal Mountain, Sweetwater and Tellico Plains were by a combined nine points.
"Our guys are experienced and really are a whole lot tougher going into this season," second-year coach Matt Moody said. "(Left tackle) Isaiah Trew is one of those kids who has made huge improvements in the weight room. This team is full of hard workers, and they are ready to have a strong season."

I think they'll have a very close game with mcminn this year. Centrals defense is stout and mcminn weakness is definetly the line but heard cherokees are deep in skill positions.  My prediction is Mcminn County  13 Mcminn Central 7

On 8/8/2022 at 10:00 PM, RichyRich said:

I think they'll have a very close game with mcminn this year. Centrals defense is stout and mcminn weakness is definetly the line but heard cherokees are deep in skill positions.  My prediction is Mcminn County  13 Mcminn Central 7

They will have to contain Miller and make sure he is on the ground.  He can hurt you.  Davion is a little slippery too.  It will be a task.

• Like 2