Landers

IMDog

5 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Week 5 and we should know a little about each team.Pre season stuff dont mean much of nothing.Most small schools are trying to find a little depth.Some of us are still trying to see if we have a coach.:thumb:

I hope you guys have a better season and maybe we'll have a rematch in round 2 or 3

Cloudland looked pretty good this evening against SG in the Jamboree.  SG’s got a ways to go on offense.  If they’re going to be competitive this season, they’ve got to get the QB situation figured out quickly.  7-0 Landers tonight. Unaka looked good against WG I thought.  Hampton looked decent against CD, but CD didn’t look to good.  It was Just a jamboree, but good to see a little action.  Real season starts next week and hope everyone has great season and injury free.

Edited by Romansfive8

1 hour ago, Romansfive8 said:

Cloudland looked pretty good this evening against SG in the Jamboree.  SG’s got a ways to go on offense.  If they’re going to be competitive this season, they’ve got to get the QB situation figured out quickly.  7-0 Landers tonight. Unaka looked good against WG I thought.  Hampton looked decent against CD, but CD didn’t look to good.  It was Just a jamboree, but good to see a little action.  Real season starts next week and hope everyone has great season and injury free.

Everyone will be rusty for a couple weeks.  Cland is just really hungry right now.  We'll see how it goes against hv.  We got a lot of new faces so hopefully we won't trip over our own feet 

23 minutes ago, THE KING said:

Everyone will be rusty for a couple weeks.  Cland is just really hungry right now.  We'll see how it goes against hv.  We got a lot of new faces so hopefully we won't trip over our own feet 

For sure most will be rusty.  I’m going to be blunt; if SG doesn’t get the right guy behind center, they will struggle all season to score.  They have a talented athletic junior who should be playing Qb and I’ll leave that at that.  The freshman and sophomore they are currently rotating have tons of upside and potential; they just need a year or two in the system to gain that experience and time mature.  Landers I believe will fair well against HV.  I’m afraid Boone’s going to have their way with the Rebels next Saturday. Still going to be a great season for High school FB in Tennessee. Have a blessed week.

Edited by Romansfive8

24 minutes ago, Romansfive8 said:

For sure most will be rusty.  I’m going to be blunt; if SG doesn’t get the right guy behind center, they will struggle all season to score.  They have a talented athletic junior who should be playing Qb and I’ll leave that at that.  The freshman and sophomore they are currently rotating have tons of upside and potential; they just need a year or two in the system to gain that experience and time mature.  Landers I believe will fair well against HV.  I’m afraid Boone’s going to have their way with the Rebels next Saturday. Still going to be a great season for High school FB in Tennessee. Have a blessed week.

Was impressed with Unaka, not that they are world beaters but they actually have some size and mix it up pretty good on offence, did a pretty good job stopping the run. Hope they have a solid year. South Greene looked pretty good in my opinion, solid against the run, actually just give up one play, Cloudland was hard nosed as expected  and should have a solid year. Hampton was just too much for Chucky Doak, no contest, who knows what that means. Was also surprised with North Greene, They give Johnson County all they wanted. Like others have said, it'll take a few weeks to determine whats ,what. Just glad the season is here.

On 8/12/2022 at 10:34 PM, Romansfive8 said:

On 8/12/2022 at 11:09 PM, pujo said:

I watched the same scrimmages you men did; We know where these teams stand at the moment. Possibly a rough start coming up for them all. 

I only saw Levi rush the ball one time for Hampton so it will be interesting to see how the line operates for him. If they do their job for 4-qtrs, I've not seen a display of a shut down D that will be stopping him for losses. Don't get me wrong, Cland and SG's D looked stout at times, but they didn't have LL running at em the entire time either. Maybe some other teams laid off the O a little too? SG?

I don't see Cland having an issue at HV this week, but if they struggled against CD a week ago, then we may see a closer game than anticipated.

IMO, the shocker was that WG didn't really move the ball against Unaka and didn't score on them. Talk about a long year ahead! Then again, we didn't have a good outing against WG a week ago. :bored:

Edited by uknoit2

1 hour ago, uknoit2 said:

I watched the same scrimmages you men did; We know where these teams stand at the moment. Possibly a rough start coming up for them all. 

I only saw Levi rush the ball one time for Hampton so it will be interesting to see how the line operates for him. If they do their job for 4-qtrs, I've not seen a display of a shut down D that will be stopping him for losses. Don't get me wrong, Cland and SG's D looked stout at times, but they didn't have LL running at em the entire time either. Maybe some other teams laid off the O a little too? SG?

I don't see Cland having an issue at HV this week, but if they struggled against CD a week ago, then we may see a closer game than anticipated.

IMO, the shocker was that WG didn't really move the ball against Unaka and didn't score on them. Talk about a long year ahead! Then again, we didn't have a good outing against WG a week ago. :bored:

Unaka has a lock down D!:blink: