William Blount 2022

On 5/3/2022 at 7:47 AM, BarneySox2007 said:

The New Word of the Day at William Blount is Office and Pee Cup.

Not much interest anymore from outsiders since Shad left Office job as the football coach and headed out of town in his Pee Cup truck.

I figured Barney would have all the answers with William Blount & how spring ball is going. Weird how, this thread was number #1 for years and now can not crack the top 25. Must of been a lot of insider trading information going on to get the program silent (Which is strange due to who they hired, he does not strike me as a silent person) .:roflolk: 

1 hour ago, Pinocchio007 said:

I figured Barney would have all the answers with William Blount & how spring ball is going. Weird how, this thread was number #1 for years and now can not crack the top 25. Must of been a lot of insider trading information going on to get the program silent (Which is strange due to who they hired, he does not strike me as a silent person) .:roflolk: 

First thing is first, most of this started when Ridge took over and losing to the worst team in the state in 6A Bearden. It really didn't work out good for him at Greenback so why give him the Titanic to drive when he wasn't doing very well with a row boat( Greenback). Then along came Shad with so much baggage from Blackman right in the middle of an investigation when they all but told the middle school coach he was going to be the man. What a stink bomb that was. Then Shad comes in realizing what he had stepped into and applications were hitting every fax machine in the state for coaching vacancies you could think of, even Sequoyah turned him down, I guess someone must read Coach T down there. I will give Robert a benefit of a doubt for one reason and that is he wanted the job and a opportunity plus he has had some experience at Karns in the past. I think Robert is a good man but this won't be an easy job especially after what all this program has been through the past dozen years. I may be wrong because I don't know but someone told me the qb left over a difference in the offense he was going to run but like I say that is from a third party. I know Maryville lost a real good player to WB and we all hope him nothing but the best. Far as spring I have not been to one practice anywhere because I've been busy as a one handed wall paper hanger.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

First thing is first, most of this started when Ridge took over and losing to the worst team in the state in 6A Bearden. It really didn't work out good for him at Greenback so why give him the Titanic to drive when he wasn't doing very well with a row boat( Greenback). Then along came Shad with so much baggage from Blackman right in the middle of an investigation when they all but told the middle school coach he was going to be the man. What a stink bomb that was. Then Shad comes in realizing what he had stepped into and applications were hitting every fax machine in the state for coaching vacancies you could think of, even Sequoyah turned him down, I guess someone must read Coach T down there. I will give Robert a benefit of a doubt for one reason and that is he wanted the job and a opportunity plus he has had some experience at Karns in the past. I think Robert is a good man but this won't be an easy job especially after what all this program has been through the past dozen years. I may be wrong because I don't know but someone told me the qb left over a difference in the offense he was going to run but like I say that is from a third party. I know Maryville lost a real good player to WB and we all hope him nothing but the best. Far as spring I have not been to one practice anywhere because I've been busy as a one handed wall paper hanger.

How did that experience at Karns workout? Didn’t he get fired? 

5 minutes ago, Futbolfan2022 said:

Yes he did.  There was a fight amongst players on a morale building field trip that carried over once they returned to school.  Allegedly the coach failed to report the incident and so they got him for violating the field trip protocols (paper work) and said he failed to supervise properly.  6-24 at Karns.  

4 minutes ago, Futbolfan2022 said:

Karns has never been an easy job. When he was there I know that's when GCA which is very near had just started up and was getting loads of their players during the time Robert was at Karns. This years 7-5 Karns was the best record that school has had since 1971 50 years ago when they went 8=3. For fifty years it's been the black eye of Knoxville Football like Heritage has been for the past 33 years with WB fighting hard for a piece of that pie every now and then.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

Yes he did.  There was a fight amongst players on a morale building field trip that carried over once they returned to school.  Allegedly the coach failed to report the incident and so they got him for violating the field trip protocols (paper work) and said he failed to supervise properly.  6-24 at Karns.  

Not much different than Rang getting fired at Powell going to take a we we during class. Powell paid dearly hiring an absolute clown of high school football for a coach while Derek was winning a state championship on the other side of the state.

On 5/6/2022 at 1:40 PM, BarneySox2007 said:

WB QB is now Maryville's QB? reading between the lines in different threads