William Blount 2022

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Hartleyrick said:

Any more news after completing spring practice.  Like who is the qb and who is the rb and how did they look

Hard to get anyone to talk that does know anything. I just about had a stroke when I heard only 27 out for the spring. I personally think some of these schools that have kids coming from 10 to 15 miles out may not be able to afford gas to be able to play this year. Even Alcoa's numbers are down near the 40 mark which one of the players parents told me and they normally have had 55-60 man teams.

You have to be careful of assuming too much from football spring practice numbers. Teams are competing with track, baseball, soccer and tennis for kids. The more multi sport athletes you have (generally a good thing) the bigger the impact. Practice numbers for football can vary significantly day to day in the spring based on the schedule of other sports. 

Also in the spring, teams are without one class. The HS careers of current seniors are over and the upcoming freshman class are still officially in middle school and can’t practice. If they have roughly equal numbers per class this reduces a team by 25%.

• Like 1

I’m hearing Wb has asked t$$aa to have their 2-sport (football and basketball) athletes to sit out the first game of football season instead of missing any basketball this coming year. This was to finish the punishment from the fairgut fiasco. If t$$aa accepts, all the basketball kids will join the football team for that first game.

Edited by strongx