William Blount 2022

3 hours ago, camppack said:

You have to be careful of assuming too much from football spring practice numbers. Teams are competing with track, baseball, soccer and tennis for kids. The more multi sport athletes you have (generally a good thing) the bigger the impact. Practice numbers for football can vary significantly day to day in the spring based on the schedule of other sports. 

Also in the spring, teams are without one class. The HS careers of current seniors are over and the upcoming freshman class are still officially in middle school and can’t practice. If they have roughly equal numbers per class this reduces a team by 25%.

I have been to many WB spring practices in the past years and have never seen 27 out in the spring. There are other factors besides spring sports , two in particular. The first is Eagleton College will draw some kids from both WB and Heritage and some of the Rockford kids that usually make their way to Alcoa I'm hearing are going there also. The other big reason in my opinion is the cost a family in a rural area of the county are going to be able to afford with gas at an all time high and no end in sight. I see that alone as the death of a bunch of county wide programs all over the state this year. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

According to interview with Reeves at KFOA Media Day, WB has only 7 seniors, no returning starters on offense and only three on defense. They will almost certainly be a more disciplined, mentally tougher team than last year but one win may not be far off from what can be accomplished this season.   

3 hours ago, camppack said:

According to interview with Reeves at KFOA Media Day, WB has only 7 seniors, no returning starters on offense and only three on defense. They will almost certainly be a more disciplined, mentally tougher team than last year but one win may not be far off from what can be accomplished this season.   

So how many on the team totally? If that is the number of starters back on offense I would bet the farm they go 0-10. That would be so hard to not have a single player back to even think they could win a game at all especially if you went 1-9 last year.

2 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

So how many on the team totally? If that is the number of starters back on offense I would bet the farm they go 0-10. That would be so hard to not have a single player back to even think they could win a game at all especially if you went 1-9 last year.

I'd bet that WB will beat Heritage

14 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

They have around 50 players

Edited by OrangePylon