Spring Scrimmages

Cam615

On 5/11/2022 at 6:31 PM, BarneySox2007 said:

One of the parents I know told me Alcoa and Powell next Monday at Powell at 6. They also told me track and baseball has robbed Alcoa of at least twelve players.

Good, it's spring time. They should be playing something other than football.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Anyone know how the Powell and Alcoa scrimmage turned out? Everyone on here knows who's child is going to school and who is recruiting them or their underwear size or what Josh Jones had to eat last night but nobody knows crap about these games.

maybe you need to drive thru pal...........

Drone footage captures aftermath of deadly tornado outbreak

On 5/18/2022 at 8:07 AM, BarneySox2007 said:

Anyone know how the Powell and Alcoa scrimmage turned out? Everyone on here knows who's child is going to school and who is recruiting them or their underwear size or what Josh Jones had to eat last night but nobody knows crap about these games.

Jesse Smith did a comprehensive report on it.  

Jesse said that it wasn't a "game format" scrimmage, but rather a controlled situational scrimmage, and that both teams made some plays and both teams had significant players out.  For Powell neither Redmond nor Soles played, I do know that.  And by the way, Soles, in just two seasons, is now the career sacks leader at Powell.  

26 minutes ago, HTV said:

Jesse Smith did a comprehensive report on it.  

Jesse said that it wasn't a "game format" scrimmage, but rather a controlled situational scrimmage, and that both teams made some plays and both teams had significant players out.  For Powell neither Redmond nor Soles played, I do know that.  And by the way, Soles, in just two seasons, is now the career sacks leader at Powell.  

Alcoa had 3 starters out on defense. One being Cannon, one of the best players on the field.

Powell had Foust and Greene on defense when Harris turned the scrimmage into a track meet. The speed difference was not even close.

Had it BEEN "game format"...............it would have been...........UGLY.