Spring Scrimmages

Cam615

17 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

Alcoa had 3 starters out on defense. One being Cannon, one of the best players on the field.

Powell had Foust and Greene on defense when Harris turned the scrimmage into a track meet. The speed difference was not even close.

Had it BEEN "game format"...............it would have been...........UGLY.

Thanks for sharing BC. Very hard to get info unless you know someone that went to one of these games. I may have went but one of the parents I know told me so many were out for track and baseball that it would almost be useless to see but as I can see on this film Alcoa is Alcoa and they just reload. That was a great cut back by number 9.

2 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Thanks for sharing BC. Very hard to get info unless you know someone that went to one of these games. I may have went but one of the parents I know told me so many were out for track and baseball that it would almost be useless to see but as I can see on this film Alcoa is Alcoa and they just reload. That was a great cut back by number 9.

Lucky or unlucky..........Alcoa's Baseball team was eliminated just before this scrimmage. Only baseball player that did not play in the scrimmage was Riley Long (D line). Most of the track guys where available for the scrimmage.

It seems just Spring injuries kept some key players out of the scrimmage for both teams. 

On 5/19/2022 at 4:48 PM, JacketLover said:

The Springfield-Pearl Cohn scrimmage is Friday, May 20, at 6 PM at Springfield. Pearl Cohn has a lot of guys out that are going to state in track though, fyi. 

Just seen this, we had a guy out there, PC has a plethora of size and speed, Jackets held their own from what I saw.

On 5/23/2022 at 11:27 AM, Cam615 said:

Just seen this, we had a guy out there, PC has a plethora of size and speed, Jackets held their own from what I saw.

What’s crazy is I thought Springfield was going to take us to the wood shed with so many of our kids not playin. I was really impressed with our defense. Number #9 from SF is a tough runner. Our freshman QB has grown miles from when I first seen him play. He just needs to be consistent but he got some years to sit and learn.

• Upvote 1

On 5/25/2022 at 11:35 PM, FBfan26 said:

What’s crazy is I thought Springfield was going to take us to the wood shed with so many of our kids not playin. I was really impressed with our defense. Number #9 from SF is a tough runner. Our freshman QB has grown miles from when I first seen him play. He just needs to be consistent but he got some years to sit and learn.

PC could definitely surprise people this year, I believe there are several counting them out because they lost Brown 

On 5/25/2022 at 11:35 PM, FBfan26 said:

kinda hard for both of us to measure off that one. we was missing our 2 best defensive players and starting tailback and you guys was missing a bunch.  #9 will be a sophomore this year and the kid is going to be a beast before he leave i believe. You guys have a monster tail back. Good luck this year i am always pulling for the firebirds.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/7/2022 at 11:02 AM, bigdawgtn said:

kinda hard for both of us to measure off that one. we was missing our 2 best defensive players and starting tailback and you guys was missing a bunch.  #9 will be a sophomore this year and the kid is going to be a beast before he leave i believe. You guys have a monster tail back. Good luck this year i am always pulling for the firebirds.

Good luck to y’all to Bigdawg

On 5/21/2022 at 1:27 PM, Cactus Jack said:

Does anyone know how the Hardin Valley vs Campbell County scrimmage went?  Scrimmages usually have no real winners, but I am curious to see how Hardin Valley looked first time out under Jeff Miner.

I talked to a Hardin Valley guy today who said that HVA pretty much dominated the Cougars, scoring the first several times they had the ball. The Cougars scored once early and are throwing the ball quite a bit with a pretty good quarterback. Things are looking up at HVA as Coach Jeff Miner has already re-energized the program and had a lot of players out in the spring and other things are working there, 

• Like 1