Pitch Count/Forfeit

901Hoops850

1 hour ago, VOLnWTN said:

May be time for a pitch count official.  Comparable to the clock operator in football.  Oh wait….spring sports are not a huge $$$ maker so that would not fly. 

Sad deal when a team does something illegal and it is up to the opposing coach who just eliminated to enforce it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

If all the TSSAA does is rely on two coaches signatures of pitch counts and they don’t check, opens the door for lots of corruption. Sad day in TN sports when the governing body makes a rule and won’t enforce it. Same with the kids swapping schools and house A and house B. I’m sure there is tons of broken rules going on now that never comes to light. 

That's what is inexcusable...plenty of time and an easy way to investigate was dropped in their lap, yet they choose to do nothing and accept whatever requires them to do nothing. Problem is, if they investigate this incident, it set's the precedent for them to investigate others similar, and they'd much rather do nothing and take the easiest way out.

1 hour ago, RodgerDodger32 said:

Imagine that. Menees taking the easy road and talking out both ends of his mouth, all while chillin at the State office down in Hermitage pulling in 6 figures annually. Shocker. :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Most of all the large schools. Video tape their games. Nobody can't get game tape and count and the pitches. Or have the umpire verify the pitch count between innings. Shocker people can count.

People have no morals nowadays. Its win at all costs. And i am not just talking about sports.

https://www.knoxnews.com/story/sports/high-school/2022/05/23/powell-high-school-baseball-pitch-count-controversy-video-review-tssaa/9899140002/

Another take with Childress throwing the Bearden Coach under the Bus.  Yes, the coach should have checked off with his score keeper and been more cautious of that but how hard is it to look at the pitch count when the film is there for you?

3 hours ago, Swipes said:

https://www.knoxnews.com/story/sports/high-school/2022/05/23/powell-high-school-baseball-pitch-count-controversy-video-review-tssaa/9899140002/

Another take with Childress throwing the Bearden Coach under the Bus.  Yes, the coach should have checked off with his score keeper and been more cautious of that but how hard is it to look at the pitch count when the film is there for you?

What gutless, classless jackwagons. Both Childress and Menees are as useless as a screen door on a submarine. These schools pay dues to be in this association. It shouldn't be up to an opposing coach (who's team had just been eliminated) to do the TSSAA's job. 

Edited by crazzyness

The Scott Hall TSSAA Pitch Count Rule Addendum.... Before the game each coach writes the target pitch limit for their starting pitcher on both teams' pitch count form. If a new pitcher enters the game, that process is repeated. When a pitcher is 10 pitches away from that limit, on either team's pitch count, the coach is notified the pitcher is 10 pitches away. If there is any discrepancy in the pitch count when this takes place, it is addressed. IF the coach wants his pitcher to go past his pre-determined limit, he has to provide a new limit and the process is repeated, again when the pitcher is 10 pitches away from that number. What do ya think?
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, davidlimbaugh said:
The Scott Hall TSSAA Pitch Count Rule Addendum.... Before the game each coach writes the target pitch limit for their starting pitcher on both teams' pitch count form. If a new pitcher enters the game, that process is repeated. When a pitcher is 10 pitches away from that limit, on either team's pitch count, the coach is notified the pitcher is 10 pitches away. If there is any discrepancy in the pitch count when this takes place, it is addressed. IF the coach wants his pitcher to go past his pre-determined limit, he has to provide a new limit and the process is repeated, again when the pitcher is 10 pitches away from that number. What do ya think?

I think coaches should just keep track of their pitch totals, that simple. We don't need an elementary, buddy buddy system to do it. Heck, we were keeping track of pitch totals 15 years before there was even a pitch count rule.

The fact of the matter is, this wasn't an honest mistake, like they had down in Memphis during districts. This coach KNEW his kid threw 110 pitches, pencil whipped the paperwork in an attempt to make him legal for Friday, and when the other coach actually signed off on it (cause he just got put out and had 25 other more important things going on than monitoring someone else's pitch total) he went and intentionally ALTERED his video of the game to make the 105 pitches report look legitimate. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BT Mafia said:

Attended the Mt. Juliet/Centennial game last week and the Centennial scoreboard had been upgraded to include pitch count.  I only saw a handful of games this year but that's the first scoreboard I've seen with that feature.  Is that very common?

The Little League fields here have the ones with pitch count, got them about 12 years ago....puts it out there for everyone to see, at the time they were about $2,500 each if I remember correctly.