Pitch Count/Forfeit

901Hoops850

Read an article someone posted above about Bearden didn’t appeal it. Why couldn’t the next school or any one left not be able to appeal it?? Childress basically said Bearden didn’t file XYZ affidavit or protocol or appeal it. They don’t care. They just got eliminated. Science Hill or ??? should be able to appeal it too because the innacurate pitch count effects them not Bearden. 

37 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Read an article someone posted above about Bearden didn’t appeal it. Why couldn’t the next school or any one left not be able to appeal it?? Childress basically said Bearden didn’t file XYZ affidavit or protocol or appeal it. They don’t care. They just got eliminated. Science Hill or ??? should be able to appeal it too because the innacurate pitch count effects them not Bearden. 

I don’t know if a team can legally  appeal a game they were not a part of or if they have video rights from the game to be able to even us in a appeal since they belong to the school and not the team appealing. (Sorta like buying a home inspection or an appraisal in real estate where it’s property of the buyer and isn’t just given to someone else if the deal falls through).  

30 minutes ago, Swipes said:

I don’t know if a team can legally  appeal a game they were not a part of or if they have video rights from the game to be able to even us in a appeal since they belong to the school and not the team appealing. (Sorta like buying a home inspection or an appraisal in real estate where it’s property of the buyer and isn’t just given to someone else if the deal falls through).  

Well when you start breaking rules and getting away with it because the losing team don’t appeal it that is eliminated and everyone knows it that is a big problem. I can assure you GC’s baseball coach would have went to the Governor than face an ineligible pitcher if he would have been in Science Hill’s shoes and I would have too. No place for cheating. I guarantee you he knows how many pitches the opposing pitcher throws and even broke down in categories of what kind of pitches. 

I'm honestly shocked fewer people are publicly shaming Powell's coach for being an absolute sleezbag. This dude knew his kid threw over 105 pitches. He KNEW it. And once he figured he could actually get away with it, he even altered the game film to fit the story. Guy has absolutely no integrity, and I wouldn't want my child being led by a man with such little character.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Well when you start breaking rules and getting away with it because the losing team don’t appeal it that is eliminated and everyone knows it that is a big problem. I can assure you GC’s baseball coach would have went to the Governor than face an ineligible pitcher if he would have been in Science Hill’s shoes and I would have too. No place for cheating. I guarantee you he knows how many pitches the opposing pitcher throws and even broke down in categories of what kind of pitches. 

No offense but going to the Governor wouldn't have stopped it when no one knew for a fact  Smith was pitching until they arrived in Johnson City and started warming up (Side note is Smith use to play at Happy Valley in 2019 before moving to Knoxville and played travel ball with a lot of the kids at Science Hill his entire life).  Do you believe GC's Coach would have just told his team to walk off the fields in substate and take an L that way?  Science Hill had beaten Smith earlier in the year and was his only loss so far.  I agree the TSSAA is wrong and the Powell Coach and Athletic director are crooked when there is video evidence of the pitch count.  Thats why i feel like the TSSAA is a bunch of crooks and another organization needs to take its place that actually cares about their own rules, enforcing them, and have the players best interest at heart (TSSAA does none of the three and all about the money).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Swipes said:

No offense but going to the Governor wouldn't have stopped it when no one knew for a fact  Smith was pitching until they arrived in Johnson City and started warming up (Side note is Smith use to play at Happy Valley in 2019 before moving to Knoxville and played travel ball with a lot of the kids at Science Hill his entire life).  Do you believe GC's Coach would have just told his team to walk off the fields in substate and take an L that way?  Science Hill had beaten Smith earlier in the year and was his only loss so far.  I agree the TSSAA is wrong and the Powell Coach and Athletic director are crooked when there is video evidence of the pitch count.  Thats why i feel like the TSSAA is a bunch of crooks and another organization needs to take its place that actually cares about their own rules, enforcing them, and have the players best interest at heart (TSSAA does none of the three and all about the money).

Going to the Governor is just a figure of speech. He would have protested at the beginning of the game or whatever his right was. If TSSAA is going to let two coaches call the shots on pitch counts whose to say you want have good friends playing in a Region Title game against each other and just saying they threw 50 pitches a piece instead of 105 if the TSSAA says they are not going to investigate and look at video. By not doing nothing here it could open the door for a bunch of corruption if two coaches playing each other are friends. . 

27 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Going to the Governor is just a figure of speech. He would have protested at the beginning of the game or whatever his right was. If TSSAA is going to let two coaches call the shots on pitch counts whose to say you want have good friends playing in a Region Title game against each other and just saying they threw 50 pitches a piece instead of 105 if the TSSAA says they are not going to investigate and look at video. By not doing nothing here it could open the door for a bunch of corruption if two coaches playing each other are friends. . 

TSSAA has already said " high school association rules are clear that the form represents an official pitch count unless an official appeal is filed or the home team self-reports an incorrect count" 

"The TSSAA does not have the authority or manpower to review hours of game footage and count every pitch thrown"

"We've got to depend on the integrity (This is the big factor and what smells to high heavens about Powell's Coach and Athletic director) the coaches to do this right, and they both signed off on the form," Childress said. "We don't have the staff to go back and sit there because if you do it now, you've got to do it during regular-season games."

It sounds like Science Hill or in your example GC's Coach didn't have that right to protest at the beginning of the game since he was not part of the game in question about the pitch count.  The TSSAA is lazy and wouldn't review anything sent to them without an official appeal by Bearden or self reporting by Powell like what happened in Memphis.

The TSSAA has made the precedent that as long as the two head coaches in any game sign off on a pitch count and no appeal or self reporting occurs then the TSSAA doesn't give a rats tail about any video evidence and will rely on the integrity of coaches to do the right thing.

Edited by Swipes

2 hours ago, Swipes said:

TSSAA has already said " high school association rules are clear that the form represents an official pitch count unless an official appeal is filed or the home team self-reports an incorrect count" 

"The TSSAA does not have the authority or manpower to review hours of game footage and count every pitch thrown"

"We've got to depend on the integrity (This is the big factor and what smells to high heavens about Powell's Coach and Athletic director) the coaches to do this right, and they both signed off on the form," Childress said. "We don't have the staff to go back and sit there because if you do it now, you've got to do it during regular-season games."

It sounds like Science Hill or in your example GC's Coach didn't have that right to protest at the beginning of the game since he was not part of the game in question about the pitch count.  The TSSAA is lazy and wouldn't review anything sent to them without an official appeal by Bearden or self reporting by Powell like what happened in Memphis.

The TSSAA has made the precedent that as long as the two head coaches in any game sign off on a pitch count and no appeal or self reporting occurs then the TSSAA doesn't give a rats tail about any video evidence and will rely on the integrity of coaches to do the right thing.

Yeah if Science Hill couldn’t protest an illegal player before the game, I guess there is nothing no one can do. Why would Bearden protest the game after they lost fair and square?? This is a bad look for the TSSAA.

Edited by pioneer42

8 hours ago, Swipes said:

Bottom line is, TSSAA sets the rule, rule was broken, evidence is there, nothing was done. You open the door for more shenanigans when you set a precedent. No way to describe it other than an ineligible player played in the game.

10 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Bottom line is, TSSAA sets the rule, rule was broken, evidence is there, nothing was done. You open the door for more shenanigans when you set a precedent. No way to describe it other than an ineligible player played in the game.

I 100% agree with you!  The TSSAA is lazy and needs to be put in check by the schools or start another organization that will actually enforce what they put out.