Jackson Central Merry Coaching Change

14 hours ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

This is a huge surprise. Brian Lake has been named the interim coach at JCM. Coach Shutes is one and done. Does anybody have any insight on this? Where will Shutes land?

Never can tell. He was making good money. May not be anything to do with JCM. Never know. I do think his family has had some health issues. 

15 hours ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

This is a huge surprise. Brian Lake has been named the interim coach at JCM. Coach Shutes is one and done. Does anybody have any insight on this? Where will Shutes land?

No insight at all, just my opinion and time will tell, but I think he may be ready to hang up his whistle. If so, he has nothing left to prove...great career and well respected.

11 hours ago, tradertwo said:

No insight at all, just my opinion and time will tell, but I think he may be ready to hang up his whistle. If so, he has nothing left to prove...great career and well respected.

Good post. I agree. He has helped build USJ into a great program and well respected. He has had a great career. USJ has done a great job reloading year in year out. You play them you know it is going to be a battle.

49 minutes ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

I read the article and it said family health related issues played a part. Hope it isn't anything serious.

I believe his wife has battled cancer and a few strokes, so her health is not great. There were also rumors of some administrative and personnel items that had to be addressed. One post I read on social media stated "retiring" and another stated "resigning", so not sure if we will see him on the sideline anywhere again or soon. Great guy, great coach, definitely a hall of famer

Edited by BallIsLife1

34 minutes ago, BallIsLife1 said:

I believe his wife has battled cancer and a few strokes, so her health is not great. There were also rumors of some administrative and personnel items that had to be addressed. One post I read on social media stated "retiring" and another stated "resigning", so not sure if we will see him on the sideline anywhere again or soon. Great guy, great coach, definitely a hall of famer

The question will be is the next coach Director of Basketball Operations... ??? 

8 hours ago, tradertwo said:

And are all other JMCSS head coaches at other schools offered the same?

Good question. Not sure what South Side Coaching staffs are being offered but gotta think they are being taken care of because if they are not then that is extremely wrong.  Liberty just hired a girls coach so not sure how that changes Coach Starks deal, Madison brought the Hicks family in to coach boys and girls ( not sure what they are doing during the school day ), The new North side combo of Woods and Northcutt seemed to be the best move as far as on the court goes (not sure what they are doing in the school building either). It would be interesting to see the daily schedule of all the head high school coaches in the JMCSD. 

• Like 1