Peabody Golden Tide 2022

14 minutes ago, WarEagleCartman said:

Yep that was one of the examples I was thinking. Croppy mentioned Huntingdon beating on Peabody when they unveiled their new stadium. We lost to..dang can't recall when we put up our new scoreboard. Union City to Mayfield. Seems like it always happens around here

That jumbotron is nice though! 

• 2 months later...
On 7/27/2022 at 10:02 PM, PeabodyPride said:

Closer and closer ! Man oh man this is gonna be a fun year ! This Tide team is gonna be fun to watch , so many things that we excpect to happen will come so unexpected to opponents, and that’s gonna make it fun !

ROLL GOLDEN TIDE

I’ve been lurking they are counting us out but we are neither down or out :thumb:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Nobody in their right mind is counting the Tide out. We know how good Peabody program is. Tradition doesn't graduate.

Not by you but it’s been mentioned by a few people or insinuated. 
This senior class has been very successful. 
the oline is as good or improved. The defense is fast and as good or better. The offense is good it will just look different. Honestly the team will resemble the  2018 team 

• Sad 2

28 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

Not by you but it’s been mentioned by a few people or insinuated. 
This senior class has been very successful. 
the oline is as good or improved. The defense is fast and as good or better. The offense is good it will just look different. Honestly the team will resemble the  2018 team 

Keep in mind, there were some o-lineman held out of the scrimmage too that started every game last year. That will not be the starting line come Aug. 18 to take on our friendly purple puppy neighbors. Did you see the freshman we had at center? He more than held his own. We have a lot to work on, but it was a great start to the year.

33 minutes ago, thunderbolts said:

Keep in mind, there were some o-lineman held out of the scrimmage too that started every game last year. That will not be the starting line come Aug. 18 to take on our friendly purple puppy neighbors. Did you see the freshman we had at center? He more than held his own. We have a lot to work on, but it was a great start to the year.

Really I didn’t know some were held out. I thought I saw our center from last year on the field 

8 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

Really I didn’t know some were held out. I thought I saw our center from last year on the field 

He was, but he only took about half the snaps. Trying to build depth I guess. I noticed he wasn’t in and that is exciting because you didn’t notice much of a drop off. This team is starting to look like the 2020 team that was extremely physical up front with Shelton and that bunch. The teams we played that year felt the remnants of that line for weeks after playing us. I am sure there are some kids in Alamo still feeling sore from Friday night. We will be physical in the trenches this year!

2 minutes ago, thunderbolts said:

He was, but he only took about half the snaps. Trying to build depth I guess. I noticed he wasn’t in and that is exciting because you didn’t notice much of a drop off. This team is starting to look like the 2020 team that was extremely physical up front with Shelton and that bunch. The teams we played that year felt the remnants of that line for weeks after playing us. I am sure there are some kids in Alamo still feeling sore from Friday night. We will be physical in the trenches this year!

I agree. It was a physical scrimmage. 2020 line was beast mode 

1 minute ago, Tide21 said:

Yeah I’m curious myself. I believe we only get better 

The brand of football we will play will be punishing to the opponent for sure ! Of course competitive sports fans have a short memory so it’s easy to forget what this senior class has already accomplished, you will see a very high IQ game played by this years version of Tide football !

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1