Peabody Golden Tide 2022

2 hours ago, Cavaliers9814 said:

They scrimmaged up last Friday and they say they kept a bunch out but I seen a lot of big kids up front and we played them very very well 

Crockett is better than the last few years. Yes, we did keep a few out, but like it was said earlier come Aug. 18 the same line from last year will line up against Milan except for exchanging the Meadows boys. It will be a different brand of football this year more of a ground and pound. For a 1A school our line should be alright barring any injuries. 

8 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

Looks and size are great but can they move and play low.

They moved pretty good last year against Huntingdon. I know we lost, but we couldn't stop your single wing. We made a few mistakes offensively, but overall I would not say that you stopped us. If I am not mistaken Peabody actually outgained Huntingdon yard wise in that game. Again not saying anything negative, because it was your guys' night and Huntingdon just simply outplayed us that night, but to say "size is great but can they move and play low" is just wrong. 

3 minutes ago, thunderbolts said:

They moved pretty good last year against Huntingdon. I know we lost, but we couldn't stop your single wing. We made a few mistakes offensively, but overall I would not say that you stopped us. If I am not mistaken Peabody actually outgained Huntingdon yard wise in that game. Again not saying anything negative, because it was your guys' night and Huntingdon just simply outplayed us that night, but to say "size is great but can they move and play low" is just wrong. 

Mustang offensive line knocked the Tide defensive line off the ball last year, why because we played lower with better leverage. You let a offensive lineman get under you they're gonna move you. Huntingdon plays with great leverage which is a main reason we've been so successful moving the ball. Hard for me to believe yall gained more yards than us in last years game.

44 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

Mustang offensive line knocked the Tide defensive line off the ball last year, why because we played lower with better leverage. You let a offensive lineman get under you they're gonna move you. Huntingdon plays with great leverage which is a main reason we've been so successful moving the ball. Hard for me to believe yall gained more yards than us in last years game.

I agree 100% that your offensive line was blowing our d-line 5 yards back at every snap. It was obvious early that we were not going to stop you guys that night. But, like I said earlier your defense didn’t exactly stop us either. They made enough plays to win the game. Which is what good teams do.

10 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

https://www.unapproved website.com/tn/trenton/peabody-golden-tide/football/media/videos/?videoid=e7ea34d5-65d9-475e-8d0b-18a213b0c1e9

Above is a link to a video highlighting the game. At the very end is the game stats. 

Total Yards

Huntingdung- 452

Trenton- 334

I stand corrected, I thought we did out gain them. Either way, both offensive lines dominated. Our line is returning and I am not sure about Huntingdon.

46 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

Um this is the exact line from last year sir you already know the answer

LC should match Trenton starters size wise.Barker,the center is about 6'1 250.Lebo is about 6'5 close to 300 lbs.Brady Smith Is 6'7 ,about 300 lbs.Your saying Trenton has a big line,all are back except one.I thought Day Day did ok running the ball last year.Hes back along with qb that has speed.Mullins,the other speedster is back at running back.My My is back at running back,going to get you that tough yard.LC also has a soph ,Chamberlain and Gross a freshman going to be special.But as far as Trentons size and running against them.LC won't be one dimensional.All state receiver in Clay,Speedster in Squirrel.And I'm think Trenton lost the Ganaways who played defensive back field.Im thinking  going to be a great j game.Who knows? Early in season,turnovers ,penalties could be key.

Edited by mrbigster

1 hour ago, mrbigster said:

LC should match Trenton starters size wise.Barker,the center is about 6'1 250.Lebo is about 6'5 close to 300 lbs.Brady Smith Is 6'7 ,about 300 lbs.Your saying Trenton has a big line,all are back except one.I thought Day Day did ok running the ball last year.Hes back along with qb that has speed.Mullins,the other speedster is back at running back.My My is back at running back,going to get you that tough yard.LC also has a soph ,Chamberlain and Gross a freshman going to be special.But as far as Trentons size and running against them.LC won't be one dimensional.All state receiver in Clay,Speedster in Squirrel.And I'm think Trenton lost the Ganaways who played defensive back field.Im thinking  going to be a great j game.Who knows? Early in season,turnovers ,penalties could be key.

I just don't see how so many think that their teams are head and shoulders above lake county. We have as many or more offensive weapons as anyone in single A football. Peabody there's no way this year's team is better than the team last year with the ganaway boys. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, truefalconfan said:

I just don't see how so many think that their teams are head and shoulders above lake county. We have as many or more offensive weapons as anyone in single A football. Peabody there's no way this year's team is better than the team last year with the ganaway boys. 

I'm thinking the same thing and have said the same thing.