Peabody Golden Tide 2022

Peabody looked good in the scrimmage so did the bruins. Both teams looks their best offensively running the ball between the tackles. 31 for USJ can hit a hole. It was good seeing driggers get a chance to run more he seemed to be their best weapon on the ground. Hope he's ok! USJ has got to get 17 and 0 the ball more. They're studs. 

3 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

You are correct. It is only a two year cycle. Just thought there was a rule but wasn’t sure what it was. 

What is the actual rule when a school closes?? I would think they would have to go to the school it got rezoned for. What about a private closing as well?? 

Edited by pioneer42

23 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Peabody gets there line being nasty and hitting players in the mouth they will be hard to handle. 

You know the formula ! It’s scary how hard these guys play ! Worst thing to happen to 1A in 2022 is 2021 for the Tide ! The O line is nasty and the Defense is fast and swarms to the ball ! Gonna be a fun year , huge test game one as I am hearing the Dawgs are hungry and someone let them off the leash ! I believe we have a pocket or two of Dawg  treats though , if that fails I hear the dawgs love a good ole Huntingdon girl with pit hair 2 teeth and mouth full of chew ! I will be going to the 1000 acre lake with a 6 pack of Busch lite and a pouch  of red man and see if I can catch a few for the game ! 

25 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

What is the actual rule when a school closes?? I would think they would have to go to the school it got rezoned for. What about a private closing as well?? 

Well in the case of MAHS the kids that went there would have to go to the school they are zoned for unless accepted by another charter school or a private school. There is a 25 mile radius rule. For example a kid can’t leave Trinity and go to USJ without sitting a year because it’s within the 25 mile radius. However in this case MAHS no longer exists so that rule wouldn’t apply. 

5 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Well in the case of MAHS the kids that went there would have to go to the school they are zoned for unless accepted by another charter school or a private school. There is a 25 mile radius rule. For example a kid can’t leave Trinity and go to USJ without sitting a year because it’s within the 25 mile radius. However in this case MAHS no longer exists so that rule wouldn’t apply. 

There are board policy rules, which may differ among any/all schools, and then there's TSSAA's transfer rule...BPM got it right about the radius, and about MAHS closing voiding that part. Just speculating, but I'd think that (other than Freshmen) those with an athletic record within the last year would be attached to the closest school to their home address. The 20% increase in population from one year to the next would be enforced this season (the way the rule reads) however. The only purpose for it was to ensure that such an event wouldn't be allowed to be an advantage between reclassification years. In a two year cycle it would be useless if not applied in the same year as the increase.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

There are board policy rules, which may differ among any/all schools, and then there's TSSAA's transfer rule...BPM got it right about the radius, and about MAHS closing voiding that part. Just speculating, but I'd think that (other than Freshmen) those with an athletic record within the last year would be attached to the closest school to their home address. The 20% increase in population from one year to the next would be enforced this season (the way the rule reads) however. The only purpose for it was to ensure that such an event wouldn't be allowed to be an advantage between reclassification years. In a two year cycle it would be useless if not applied in the same year as the increase.

Words of wisdom. I knew you were lurking in the shadows somewhere. Lol. 

44 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

I figured those with an athletic record would have to go to the one that it was rezoned for providing it was a public school. What about a private closing?? Also can a player transfer to a private school over 25 miles without leaving House A if they have an athletic record?? Chime in too BPM if you like. 

58 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I figured those with an athletic record would have to go to the one that it was rezoned for providing it was a public school. What about a private closing?? Also can a player transfer to a private school over 25 miles without leaving House A if they have an athletic record?? Chime in too BPM if you like. 

Let’s say a kids goes to North Side as a sophomore. And they enroll at USJ over the summer prior to their junior year. I don’t believe they can be play because it is within the 25 miles. They would need to sit a year.  But if it’s over 25 miles I believe they can play without having to move. I will double check tomorrow but I think that is correct. 

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE