Peabody Golden Tide 2022

6 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Let’s say a kids goes to North Side as a sophomore. And they enroll at USJ over the summer prior to their junior year. I don’t believe they can be play because it is within the 25 miles. They would need to sit a year.  But if it’s over 25 miles I believe they can play without having to move. I will double check tomorrow but I think that is correct. 

So you think over 25 miles even private to private they can still live in House A?? I have heard of the 25 mile rule but I haven’t the slightest idea on the details of the rule. Good luck to you guys this year. Tell your dad I said Hi and hope all is well. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

So you think over 25 miles even private to private they can still live in House A?? I have heard of the 25 mile rule but I haven’t the slightest idea on the details of the rule. Good luck to you guys this year. Tell your dad I said Hi and hope all is well. 

I'm gonna say that BPM is close, but has it a little mixed up on the radius rule...that even moving from house A to house B (legit address change) you have to move out of one radius before being allowed to transfer and play within the other.

8 hours ago, tradertwo said:

I'm gonna say that BPM is close, but has it a little mixed up on the radius rule...that even moving from house A to house B (legit address change) you have to move out of one radius before being allowed to transfer and play within the other.

So are you saying you have to move over 25 miles to be elgible period??? Moving in House A to House B in a different zone within 25 miles you are out?! 

10 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Let’s say a kids goes to North Side as a sophomore. And they enroll at USJ over the summer prior to their junior year. I don’t believe they can be play because it is within the 25 miles. They would need to sit a year.  But if it’s over 25 miles I believe they can play without having to move. I will double check tomorrow but I think that is correct. 

Maybe I'm not following you but we have had students move to Dyersburg and Dyer Co and play.Ridgely to Dyersburg is 18 miles.I thought if a kid had an athletic record at a previous  school he's ineligible unless he moves or sits a year.

Edited by mrbigster

32 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

Maybe I'm not following you but we have had students move to Dyersburg and Dyer Co and play.Ridgely to Dyersburg is 18 miles.I thought if a kid had an athletic record at a previous  school he's ineligible unless he moves or sits a year.

Yes there has been some transfers within 20 miles or 15 for that matter and players play immediately. I am a little confused on this 25 mile deal myself. 

Edited by pioneer42

13 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Yes there has been some transfers within 20 miles or 15 for that matter and players play immediately. I am a little confused on this 25 mile deal myself. 

Your right.I hadn't heard of the 25 mile rule.Seems like a person can go to any school as a freshman and play at any school or can play immediately as long as a legit move is made.Not just by having utilities turned on at an apartment.

Edited by mrbigster

19 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

Your right.I hadn't heard of the 25 mile rule.Seems like a person can go to any school as a freshman and play at any school or can play immediately as long as a legit move is made.Not just by having utilities turned on at an apartment.

16 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

I know a person can go to another school within a 25 mile radius and play at another school without moving if he didn't have an athletic record at previous school.

No doubt without an athletic record. Do think it has something to do with the private schools if I had to bet. 

So are you saying you have to move over 25 miles to be elgible period??? Moving in House A to House B in a different zone within 25 miles you are out?! 

1 hour ago, mrbigster said:

Section 12 article B says reads that transfers must have a "bonafide" change of address from one residence to another, and that the original address must be outside the new school's radius. A move from one residence to another within the new school's radius is supposed to result in the athlete sitting for one calander year, barring the exceptions listed.

Also, TSSAA rulebook says 20 mile radius. Maybe Lake Co. kids original home address was outside D'burg 20 mile radius, and they moved within it? Seems to me that something simpler(and easier to police) could be implemented...maybe they want a gray area so that they can decide on an individual basis and not be blatantly obvious.

3 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Also, TSSAA rulebook says 20 mile radius. Maybe Lake Co. kids original home address was outside D'burg 20 mile radius, and they moved within it? Seems to me that something simpler(and easier to police) could be implemented...maybe they want a gray area so that they can decide on an individual basis and not be blatantly obvious.

He probably met the 2o mile criteria.From city limit to city limit shows 18 miles.Could have moved 3 miles different direction in Dyersburg.Doubt TSSAA looked at it realky.Just that a move was made and it's fine.Ijust don't like the rule about letting a kid go to another county.Some will say a child has the right to a certain school.Yes they do.But I think if it's not for sports and for academics like they say,sit out freshman year.

3 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

I have seen many transfers transfer to different school zones within 12-15 miles. What is the 25 mile deal?? I remember a TCA student transferred to South Gibson and he had to sit out for whatever reason. Don’t think they moved either. It gets confusing for sure.