Peabody Golden Tide 2022

7 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

If USJ shut their doors down, where would the kids want to go? Would they go to North Side (closest public school to USJ in Jackson)? Or would they want to go to Trinity or JCS? I'm sure they would want to go to Trinity or JCS. Is that a problem? Is that a big deal?

This is similar. A school shut down because someone that is considered a "leader" stole money for personal reasons. Things like an out of town trip to Vegas, NBA tickets, personal use, etc. Is it fair to the kids for the school to shut down? No. Is it fair for Coach Miller to have to find a new school? No.

There's a lot of speculation. I was fortunate enough to spend some time with Coach Miller last season. He goes above and beyond for his players, and he has nothing. No turf field, he doesn't have two sets of home uniforms like South Gibson. I don't even think they had decals on their helmets at MAHS. He also does a very good job of developing players, and making sure they're attending camps and getting recruited by colleges. Why? Because for those players, Coach Miller is pretty much all they have. That's is their role model. So, if he is at MASE, I'm glad for him and know he'll do well! Again, where would all the MAHS players going to go? They had an option. MASE had an opening. If you're the principal at MASE, are you going to deny the option of hiring Cedric Miller? Of course not. His resume at MAHS speaks for itself.

I was working in Dyer last year and noticed some Peabody signs out in some yards. I do understand the weird rules for Gibson County schools, and the difference between Peabody and Gibson County especially. But it did bother me that a kid could be living at a house (again, not for sure but there were signs in the yard) that's a mile away from Gibson County High School, but choose to attend Peabody. Instead of complaining about it on CoachT, I just asked why? I'd imagine the education between both schools are great, but that kid choose Peabody probably for a better opportunity in football.

This isn't some kid going from Ridgeway to Melrose because he wanted to. This is about a kid that is forced to attend another school. So, would you want to that kid to stick with Coach Miller, be successful on the field and hope to get a scholarship to a university to play football? Potentially getting out of the city of Memphis (which is a tough thing to do these days for black people in general). Or would you want to see this kid attend another school that may not be the best opportunity for him? Football wise and potentially not having the leader like a Coach Miller? Because Cedric Miller is more than a football to those kids. And those kids need him.

Those signs could be at grand parents houses. There are addresses on the dyer side of gibson county’s high school that are Trenton addresses. Gc won’t allow those people to attend gc. They could walk to to gc but can’t because of the rules. So much for your theory 

the whole football team moving to one school would never be allowed here period. There have been obvious violations in the past at other schools 3-4 schools by some kids transferring in Memphis. you could go to their hudl in the past and see them playing in various uniforms

when fairley played Peabody few years ago they had accumulated like 28 seniors on a team of like 35 over a 3 year period tell me that isn’t weird. 

Edited by Tide21
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

Those signs could be at grand parents houses. There are addresses on the dyer side of gibson county’s high school that are Trenton addresses. Gc won’t allow those people to attend gc. They could walk to to gc but can’t because of the rules. So much for your theory 

the whole football team moving to one school would never be allowed here period. There have been obvious violations in the past at other schools 3-4 schools by some kids transferring in Memphis. you could go to their hudl in the past and see them playing in various uniforms

when fairley played Peabody few years ago they had accumulated like 28 seniors on a team of like 35 over a 3 year period tell me that isn’t weird. 

Serious question. No shade at all intended. Gibson Co Schools are open zone according to their school board policy. Why won’t they let those kids attend??

Just now, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Serious question. No shade at all intended. Gibson Co Schools are open zone according to their school board policy. Why won’t they let those kids attend??

I don’t know. I know people that live at one of those addresses and they were told to go to Trenton because their address was Trenton. There have been kids who have tried to come to Trenton that didn’t have Trenton addresses and weren’t allowed to go to Trenton. 

2 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

I don’t know. I know people that live at one of those addresses and they were told to go to Trenton because their address was Trenton. There have been kids who have tried to come to Trenton that didn’t have Trenton addresses and weren’t allowed to go to Trenton. 

Ok. No problem. Was just curious. 

35 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

Peabody also has a former GC football player that transferred schools to play football at Peabody who is setting out a year that I think is elgible game 4.

26 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

You got the GIbson County Special School District that has two schools in Gibson County and South Gibson. You got Trenton District, Milan, Bradford, Humboldt etc. Didn’t Humboldt and Medina have a spat a several years ago that won’t let Humboldt go to South Gibson or any other school including Gibson County unless there is room because of overcrowding. Didn’t this particular law put it into the superintendents hands to say whether a kid can go from GC to Peabody or South Gibson to Milan. I know for years there have been kids from Medina area to go to Milan and some from Milan to South Gibson. 

39 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

Isn’t up to the superintendent of each school system or both to agree in favor??? I know that it would probably be easier for a kid to from Jackson North Side to Peabody than GC to Peabody because of a rule if I am not mistaken. 

46 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

You got the GIbson County Special School District that has two schools in Gibson County and South Gibson. You got Trenton District, Milan, Bradford, Humboldt etc. Didn’t Humboldt and Medina have a spat a several years ago that won’t let Humboldt go to South Gibson or any other school including Gibson County unless there is room because of overcrowding. Didn’t this particular law put it into the superintendents hands to say whether a kid can go from GC to Peabody or South Gibson to Milan. I know for years there have been kids from Medina area to go to Milan and some from Milan to South Gibson. 

The solution to that problem several years ago involved changing board policy in individual districts. All school systems in Gibson co are now open zone as long as the board policy is said district is followed. 

11 hours ago, WarEagleCartman said:

I disagree with any notion coach miller should be investigated or anything like that. From everything I've heard he's a class act and I think his son reflected that quite a bit. The only questions I have on the matter is how many new kids actually made their way to MASE? Also, I'll admit ignorance on the rule but does tssaa still practice the rule where if your enrollment increases a certain percentage you're automatically moved up? Finally does the number of kids meet that percentage threshold? Otherwise play ball and there will be nothing tainted about it. 

The answer is still no. MASE is a Class A team until the new classifications. West Carroll can have 500 new kids show up to school on the first day of school, and they're still a Class A team.