HC Openings Unfilled, Why?

CoachAnderson

My daughter will be a freshman next year at Centennial HS in Franklin. With summer a week away, they still have not hired anyone.

Question, are HS volleyball coaching positions difficult to fill? I noticed that 10 of the positions listed on the TSSAA website have been open for 3 weeks or longer, w/some over 1.5 months. If finding a volleyball coach is difficult, is it due to better paying opportunities (with less time commitment) at the club and training level? My daughter had a similar situation in middle school and the AD basically told a teacher, "tag your it". Thankfully that individual stepped up and did the best they were capable of (which is much appreciated). I've coached HS basketball since 2001-02 and I know HS athletics can be difficult, esp for those that don't work in building (I know, I've been on active duty since 1998),

Thanks for whatever feedback provided. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2022 at 11:42 AM, Itsme12 said:

I think a lot of it is the limited pay.  I would think that club volleyball pays more.  Good luck with finding a coach.

Thanks!

Ted Martinez is there new HC at Centennial. My daughter is excited. 

https://www.williamsonherald.com/sports/volleyball-centennial-hires-martinez-to-lead-program/article_9314a4ae-db7c-11ec-8d9e-37912570da0d.html