Hampton versus Coalfield Substate

dogtruth

If Hampton wins it will be their first ever appearance in the state tournament in baseball. I believe they will have to play a clean game and put up some runs but the game should be competitive and not impossible.

Hampton state runner-ups in football , final four in basketball and if they win this game it would put the icing on the cake as a season that will be remembered for a long time. Coalfield will be tough to beat at home but Let's Goooo Dooggggsss!!!!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, dogtruth said:

If Hampton wins it will be their first ever appearance in the state tournament in baseball. I believe they will have to play a clean game and put up some runs but the game should be competitive and not impossible.

Hampton state runner-ups in football , final four in basketball and if they win this game it would put the icing on the cake as a season that will be remembered for a long time. Coalfield will be tough to beat at home but Let's Goooo Dooggggsss!!!!

Nothing could be finer.

They're gonna have to get the bats rolling. Hampton has a fine 1A pitching staff, with 3 solid pitchers, another extremely serviceable pitcher, and 2 more very decent throwers. But none of them are an ace type arm. So if they expect to come back home with a victory, they're gonna have to win in a 7-5 or 8-6 type of ballgame. They're aren't gonna win a 2-1 type of game.

That's my .02.

Edited by crazzyness

1 hour ago, crazzyness said:

They're gonna have to get the bats rolling. Hampton has a fine 1A pitching staff, with 3 solid pitchers, another extremely serviceable pitcher, and 2 more very decent throwers. But none of them are an ace type arm. So of they expect to come back home with a victory, they're gonna have to win in a 7-5 or 8-6 type of ballgame. They're aren't gonna win a 2-1 type of game.

That's my .02.

Pitching will be subpar. Coalfield will play clean and Hampton will not. Coalfield will win by 5 plus runs 

15 hours ago, pujo said:

Nothing could be finer.

Good to hear from you Pujo! Really tomorrow the dogs are playing on house money. Here's to hoping they play loose and play to the best of their ability. They are already winners. Only two Hampton teams before them have even made it to the substate. It's already been a season to remember, they're just hopefully adding on the gravy :mrgreen:

1 hour ago, dogtruth said:

Good to hear from you Pujo! Really tomorrow the dogs are playing on house money. Here's to hoping they play loose and play to the best of their ability. They are already winners. Only two Hampton teams before them have even made it to the substate. It's already been a season to remember, they're just hopefully adding on the gravy :mrgreen:

Not sure who the better team is on most nights but that don't matter, Baseball is a tricky game, you can score 6 runs on 3 hits or you can have 10 hits and o runs. If you plated a series, it would work itself out,a one game thing don't always go to the better team. Its on like donkey kong. I'm sure Hampton is capable of winning .

23 hours ago, pujo said:

Not sure who the better team is on most nights but that don't matter, Baseball is a tricky game, you can score 6 runs on 3 hits or you can have 10 hits and o runs. If you plated a series, it would work itself out,a one game thing don't always go to the better team. Its on like donkey kong. I'm sure Hampton is capable of winning .

Reds pitched a no hitter few days ago and lost 1-0 to the Pirates 

23 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

I've been posting on the 1A thread Lol.

CF is good, don't think they can hang with UH, but it is a strange game Lol

In the state ,it usually come down to who has the deepest pitching staff, good pitching beats good hitting. We had a really good year,hate we lost.