Jackson Christian School Vacancy??

Bballhoops1

On 6/10/2022 at 9:11 AM, WestTNHoopsFan said:

Gotcha. He had a pretty sweet deal at JCM. Director of Basketball Operations and no teaching classes. Had to be something pretty significant to leave that.

That "sweet deal" went away is the significant thing that happened. JMCSS was unable/unwilling to fund the same positions at their other schools and coaches at those other schools weren't too happy about being undervalued. Pretty bad when you extend more money and less responsibility to attract worthy coaches to the new darling of the system than proven coaches who were loyal to them were being paid. 

• Like 1

On 6/17/2022 at 11:33 PM, tradertwo said:

That "sweet deal" went away is the significant thing that happened. JMCSS was unable/unwilling to fund the same positions at their other schools and coaches at those other schools weren't too happy about being undervalued. Pretty bad when you extend more money and less responsibility to attract worthy coaches to the new darling of the system than proven coaches who were loyal to them were being paid. 

So he was taking a pay cut / having to teach instead of just basketball...???

22 hours ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

So he was taking a pay cut / having to teach instead of just basketball...???

I have no idea what the job description/pay going forward was, but I did hear that the position he was hired for was going away because JMCSS couldn't or wouldn't fund the same at every school in the system.

On 6/17/2022 at 11:33 PM, tradertwo said:

So the superintendent basically took JCM and created a title like President of basketball operations and didn’t for South Side, North Side etc….in the same system??? 

2 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

So the superintendent basically took JCM and created a title like President of basketball operations and didn’t for South Side, North Side etc….in the same system??? 

Yep. I have posted a few times on this back when the coaches were being hired, and stated my opinion on the same position in the same system being far from equal. They got the caliber of coaches that they were after, but they have had coaches of the same caliber and level of respect already in the system for several years at other schools and failed to reward them equally. If I were one of the coaches at (specifically South Side) one of the other schools, my name would have instantly appeared on applications elsewhere...loyalty and job performance evidently means nothing in Jackson.