Region 1-A Early outlook 2022

THE KING

4 hours ago, Americal198 said:

That would be #23. She knows only one speed—fast. 

Both our big girls had 17 points against the hill.  #23 is the only player to take the fight to us inside.  It was during a summer game that SG won on the last shot.  I've watched girls ball for years and not many I've seen play with that kind of intensity the whole game.   You'd have thought that summer game was for the region.  

On 11/23/2022 at 6:49 PM, THE KING said:

We just lost a hard fought game to the tribe 45-42.  Glad you could play one of the better 1a teams around.  Our girls are very strong and play high pressure d.  These are good games to get us ready for region.  Both Hampton and NG could beat us on any given night.  Our district is one of the toughest. 

By far our toughest challenge of the young season.  We have Unaka in the morning.  The Lady Rangers seem to be struggling this year.  Is Ramsey all they have?

13 hours ago, TribalEmpire said:

By far our toughest challenge of the young season.  We have Unaka in the morning.  The Lady Rangers seem to be struggling this year.  Is Ramsey all they have?

Earlier in the week, they had 4 out with the flu, including 3 starters I think. They were having to start 2 freshmen. 

Ramsey is still recovering from whatever ailment she had prior to the season. You can tell she's still not 100%. Talked to Coach Chambers, and he said she had lost over 15 pounds from her sickness. I'm not sure if we'll see her in her top form till after the holidays. 

On 11/24/2022 at 4:05 PM, THE KING said:

Both our big girls had 17 points against the hill.  #23 is the only player to take the fight to us inside.  It was during a summer game that SG won on the last shot.  I've watched girls ball for years and not many I've seen play with that kind of intensity the whole game.   You'd have thought that summer game was for the region.  

Big W tonight king 

1 hour ago, THE KING said:

Yeah, after this tournament, I believe we can compete in the state tournament.  We're shooting a lot better this year and ella Benfield is dominant.  Her and izzy are not real tall but they're like 2 linebackers out there 

I would be surprised if Cloudland did not make it to state. Their inside game, on both ends of the floor, made the difference. Well done, Lady Landers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, THE KING said:

Blew a 12 point lead and lost to Boone by 1.  Freshman Andrea Flores had 20.  She led grandview middle to a state title back in February.  You get an idea of how good that team was when the girl drops 20 on a loaded varsity team

I was wondering who won the Andrea Flores sweepstakes. Didn't know Boone was even in the running.